Estonia Trip Report - Easter 2013 - Frozen Seas, Rivers and Lakes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Watching your trip planning, hearing the anticipation build and now reading your reports has been wonderful :) Much respect to you for getting out there.... I know there's going to be many more for you all, you might be happy to play homey for a while but by the big grins in your pictures, I'm guessing the bugs bitten deep and it won't be long until you're planning the next outing ;)

Hows the heel hole healing? It looked deep :S

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Watching your trip planning, hearing the anticipation build and now reading your reports has been wonderful :) Much respect to you for getting out there.... I know there's going to be many more for you all, you might be happy to play homey for a while but by the big grins in your pictures, I'm guessing the bugs bitten deep and it won't be long until you're planning the next outing ;)

Hows the heel hole healing? It looked deep :S

It has indeed bitten deep Sal. Im already looking at destinations for next year lol. Feet are pretty much healed now. Footware is truly a nightmare but i think i may have it sorted now. The inners from my Sorels fit superbly in my Wiggies outers so i may just have created my perfect boot system. Needs some miles to test but i live in hope :D

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Excellent trip and writeup, really nice setup the Estonians have for campers, did you have pay to use the sites and facilities, and did you have to pre book?

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
Excellent trip and writeup, really nice setup the Estonians have for campers, did you have pay to use the sites and facilities, and did you have to pre book?

You only have to pay and pre-book the more luxurious facilities like forest huts and houses.
There's not that many of them: http://loodusegakoos.ee/broneeri-ma...artumaa&element[region][]=Viljandimaa#tulemus
They cost about 30-100€ per 24 hours depending on the quality of the place and where it is.

For every other place just pack your bag and go. People are polite so whoever was there first gets it for the night and nobody will force you to share a laavu. We have everyman's right here so it's yours to choose when and where you want to go.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Good info Jaan. The sites we stayed at were all free jobs. There were usually multiple tables and fire pits to choose from as well as a communal wood store.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Red Fox

Dec 31, 2012
Cheshire
You only have to pay and pre-book the more luxurious facilities like forest huts and houses.
There's not that many of them: http://loodusegakoos.ee/broneeri-ma...artumaa&element[region][]=Viljandimaa#tulemus
They cost about 30-100€ per 24 hours depending on the quality of the place and where it is.

For every other place just pack your bag and go. People are polite so whoever was there first gets it for the night and nobody will force you to share a laavu. We have everyman's right here so it's yours to choose when and where you want to go.

Very usefull Jaan thanks:) ...

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Thank you for sharing your excellent trip with us. I have really enjoyed reading your report, and the photos were great. Stunning scenery and locations, I envy you.
Again thanks for sharing.

Colin.

Sep 8, 2012
west sussex
That's an awesome report, I hope you appreciate how lucky you are to have bush buddys like that.
enthusiastic, know what there doing, good larf and above all up for an adventure.
Not so easy too find brother. Again congrats on a great trip and report!
PS I wouldn't of worried to much about the booze, it wont lower core temperature, just give
you the illusion that you are warmer than you think (which could be an issue if your not aware I spose)
big worry is dehydration as its a diorretic. I think I could of managed a slug in my hot chocolate
before bed most nights:)

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Great report and photos. Dont know how I missed this. :)

Is that a golite shangri La/Hex 3 next to a Seek outside 6 man tipi?

IMG_0239_zps21f39554.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE