Esk Muck Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
I was thinking of getting a pair of these and was wondering if any one has used them and what do they think of them? What are the treads like for grip and stuff like that?

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
I've got a pair - highly recommended!! I had a pair of the Avons before these. The Esk is a more robust boot IMO & the sole & foot box are more solid than the Avon. I use mine mostly for walking the dog through fields & they have a great grip on mud & wet grass. They've a moulded sole that is very solid with a decent rand over the toe & round the heel. Being neoprene & with the lining they are very warm too. I reckon they're half a size bigger than what it says on the tin - I'm an 8 & I can get 2 pairs of thick socks on & still be comfortable in them for miles. Once you've used them you'll not go back to ordinary wellies of any kind. Have a good shop around as prices can vary - I think I got mine through a riding site though Ebay shops are a good start. Come back if you need any more info. Cheers.

loosehead

Oct 7, 2011
skegness
couldn't agree with para106 more -they're cracking boots . good grip , very comfy and keep your feet warm even when static . have had all sorts over the years - last pair were le chameu chasseurs , which weren't a patch on the muck boots and cost more than 3 times as much

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Ditto these comments, mine are the really insulated ones (can't remember the model) they are comfrey and warm, I was stood in a cold fishing pond up to my calves at the weekend for a good couple of hrs and was totally warm and dry...

Great boots all round

I've got a pair - highly recommended!! I had a pair of the Avons before these. The Esk is a more robust boot IMO & the sole & foot box are more solid than the Avon. I use mine mostly for walking the dog through fields & they have a great grip on mud & wet grass. They've a moulded sole that is very solid with a decent rand over the toe & round the heel. Being neoprene & with the lining they are very warm too. I reckon they're half a size bigger than what it says on the tin - I'm an 8 & I can get 2 pairs of thick socks on & still be comfortable in them for miles. Once you've used them you'll not go back to ordinary wellies of any kind. Have a good shop around as prices can vary - I think I got mine through a riding site though Ebay shops are a good start. Come back if you need any more info. Cheers.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I have the Tay Sports (insulated to -40c!)

Positives:

(Relatively) cheap
Lovely and warm
Comfortable
Good grip in mud
Nice wide fit around the calves, I have large calves and they fit me comfortably. Many don't fit me.

Negatives:

VERY poor grip on wet chalk, wet slate and similar surfaces. Ice was literally like wearing roller skates.
The rubber on the foot is a VERY thin dipped layer over the neoprene and is easily ripped- mine has.
The neoprene on the legs is also easily ripped in brambles and the like- mine has!

Would I buy them again?

Tay Sports- definitely not, the cheapest Muck Boots- maybe? Not a definite yes for sure.

jigsaw

Jul 25, 2009
ireland
have a pair of esk muck boots,they were the warmest I have had,I wore them 3 times a week for all terrain walking but the only down sid I found was the sole wore away very quickly.I would buy another pair again though.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
I decided to go for the Esk Muck Boots they arrived yesterday after an initial try on they look like they are going to be nice and comfortable I look forward to giving them a proper field test.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
I'd say these are a huge improvement over hunters. Nice width, but I find the arch a little low. I've walked around in them for an hour and a half or so with 2 pairs of socks on in them and they're very very very warm! Not bad on the whole though. Makes a nice boot for the back of the car.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
I wore mine the other day at Uni when we were out looking at a site where we have to do an environmental impact assessment for an assignment I wore them with thurlo mountaineering socks nice and comfortable and my feet were nice and warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE