Enzo Trapper Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
finaly finished this one after receiving some nive 4mm leather from Fish, its fitted to my enzo trapper, epoxyed and double stitched with a leather belt loop. its my first Proper sheath, a few imperfections but it still works. hope you like it

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
looks good - the key to good stitching is keeping them even

have you uses a stitch marker at all? - it makes things soooo much easier to keep things neat ;)

.... if you haven't got one a fork with gaps between the spines the width you want your stitches to be works quite well...

forestwalker

Neat stitches tricks I have learnt.

1. Always stitch in the same side order (e.g. first the bottom thread goes up, the then top thread goes down)

2. Even spacing of holes.

3. Hammer over the completed stitching with a rawhide or wooden mallet

4. Making a grove for the stich before you start.

ixion

Mar 15, 2009
West Yorkshire
It also looks as though you have drilled the holes - they are quite big.
Pushing an awl through the leather allows it to close up after you have stiched the holes, which looks alot neater.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Good one Josh. Loving the knife too, going to have to put one of those together soon.

To add to the other fine comments, if your going to drill, use the smallest drill you can to keep tension on the thread and it also looks a bit nicer. Good grooving and spacing makes a huge difference.

Good sheath though fella, and I didn't bother with all the fancy finishing with my first and its still going strong.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Good one Josh. Loving the knife too, going to have to put one of those together soon.

To add to the other fine comments, if your going to drill, use the smallest drill you can to keep tension on the thread and it also looks a bit nicer. Good grooving and spacing makes a huge difference.

Good sheath though fella, and I didn't bother with all the fancy finishing with my first and its still going strong.

cheers mate, i used a leather punch for this one, works well but makes a big bottom hole so i needed some thick thread. yeah enzos are lovley little knives, a real joy to work with.

Waldganger

Forager
Aug 13, 2009
Esperance, WA
and clamp the leather in a vise if you can.

I've been doing a lot of research, will be buying a double shoulder in a couple of months.

Have a few knives to sheath.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE