Ensamma Vargen / Lone Wolf Tarp

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Any one own one of these?

Im pretty tempted at £8, looks ideal for use with the bivvi... Only one attachment point looks like I could use it with a trekking pole with ease too.

What do you think?

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I like the look of that, I would also be interested to hear of anyone has tried one................

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
oh no! not the infamous 7-duker tents.
each sheath is heavy(i'd guess 2-3kg) and they're to small to use as a tarp for one person.

unless the royal marines used something different, i'm only familiar with the norwegian ones.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
oh no! not the infamous 7-duker tents.
each sheath is heavy(i'd guess 2-3kg) and they're to small to use as a tarp for one person.

unless the royal marines used something different, i'm only familiar with the norwegian ones.
Sounds familiar. There was much complaining about the weight, and the fact that once they got damp and froze they were near impossible to separate and fold up (we're probably not helping the OP here ;))

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
i haven't tried them in winter conditions, seeing as i was lucky enough to get kitchen duty after basic training.
but yes, water resistant is not a word i'd use to describe them.

in the link provided it seems like a thin syntetic-material tarp, while the ones we are talking about were thick cotton tarps.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Here's what I'm thinking of:

sheltersheet001_zps9cc5758b.jpg

little_leaf177

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2011
Liverpeewwll
certainly doesnt look like one of the old canvas `Zeltbahns` (which are originally german i think). I think if it was anvas it would`nt shine like in the pictures.
Fingers crossed for the OP its okay... and if it is i will most definitely follow suite... :D

Regards
Leaf177

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE