ENO Hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Eagle Nest Outfitters makes some nifty hammocks, with many accessories. I got the single person hammock with Pro-straps rather than rope. So far I can set it up in 2 minutes or less, and have camped out several times with it. Two bits of information I can give are these:

1) it says it can take up to 400 lbs, and trust me, it can. I had me and a friend (about 420 altogether) sittng on the hamkock, jumping a bit on it, just to see if any damage would happen... nothing!

2) ake sure you have a sleeping bag on any chilly night! Parachute Nylon is not very insulative (I have not had any experience with hammocks before this, so this might be a given to you more experienced folks). But my first night in it, was a nightmare, comfortable, but freezing!

Anyone else carry this brand of hammock? Anyone else interested in them?

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Never heard of them myself,others here may have.Do you have any links???

Jan 22, 2006
uk
the bush pod pro is dead cool, about as fast to put up as anything could be, very large, strong and packs down into its own little sac that'll sit outside my rucksac so i can set it up while i'm having a brew and chill for an hour, take in the sights and generally enjoy being alive!

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
hammock monkey said:
the bush pod pro is dead cool, about as fast to put up as anything could be, very large, strong and packs down into its own little sac that'll sit outside my rucksac so i can set it up while i'm having a brew and chill for an hour, take in the sights and generally enjoy being alive!

I second your opinion of the Bush Pod Pro, about the same size (and comfort )as the Magikelly Group Buy Hammocks but double layered. The ENO looks very similar in concept to the Pro pod but I think the ENO is only a single layer ( can someone confirm if that's true or not please ) which is slightly disappointing as Bushkit haven't updated their website in a long time and so may not be making stuff anymore.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Does anyone know of a hammock that is more heavy duty ?
I am looking for one that will take 600lb . No i am not a fatty , i just want to get the dogs in with me , best insulation going !
Pumbaa

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
pumbaa said:
Does anyone know of a hammock that is more heavy duty ?
I am looking for one that will take 600lb . No i am not a fatty , i just want to get the dogs in with me , best insulation going !
Pumbaa
You are indeed a brave person - there is no way I would have my dog in with me, he is an English Bull Terrier and snores and farts constantly :yuck:

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Silverback said:
You are indeed a brave person - there is no way I would have my dog in with me, he is an English Bull Terrier and snores and farts constantly :yuck:

Mine are a Rotty and a douge de bordeux (french mastiff) , Both snore and fart , but they would have to go a long way to beat me ! :lmao: :eek:
Pumbaa

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
pumbaa said:
Mine are a Rotty and a douge de bordeux (french mastiff) , Both snore and fart , but they would have to go a long way to beat me ! :lmao: :eek:
Pumbaa
Good god you are insane :eek: You will emerge in the morning a tepid green colour from breathing in all that dog gas all covered in Hooch slime in other words Swamp Thing :lmao:

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Well its not like you can get a wood burning stove for a hammock !
Although naked flames would be a big no no :lmao:
Pumbaa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE