Elevated Bush Shelter erm... Treehouse

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Made a treehouse today for the kids (yeh right).

As we don't have any large deciduous trees in our garden I had to make do with building a platform inside a stand of conifers, leylandii possibly. On of them is quite large so I nailed some joists from it to each smaller tree around. No roof but rain never gets in there anyway. Here's some pics:

The way in, all very Secret Garden

treehouse037.jpg

Oops bit blurry up the ladder

treehouse031.jpg

It's a trap!

treehouse030.jpg

They have a great view of the patio so shouldn't miss any burgers from the bbq.

treehouse026.jpg

They're absolutely chuffed with it and I'm quite proud myself, I had a great time building it.
Hope you liked the pics.

Has anyone else got any treehouse pics?

Cheers
Sean

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh very well done Dad :approve:

That kind of memory is incredibly special :D

You can see the delight your children feel with their new play area, and those are lovely photos to hang onto :cool:

Thanks for sharing,
cheers,
M

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
Nice tree house, and those are some happy looking kids.

I always wanted a tree house when I was younger, I mean I had a basic tree house, just a piece of chip board or something laid over a couple branches, wasn't exactly stable... No pics of it either, it's gone by now, the wind must have blown slightly. :eek:
Now I suppose I could build my own "elevated bush shelter" though I have a feeling it would end up as a piece of chip board with some sticks tied on, balancing in the trees lol. Nice work!

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

I sense a lot of longing to be kids again, what is it about treehouses eh?

Thinking of rigging a canvas tarp as a roof because I was overly confident of the trees' ability to shed water and they got a soaking today!

Glad you liked the pics! Now I've got the worry of them killing themselves falling from it:rolleyes: :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE