Elderflower Vodka

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Well I have been waiting a wee while for this, and it cant be long before they start to flower now!!!

I have been told its the same at sloe gin really elder flowers sugar and vodka, makes for a nice shot or flavour like chanbord etc to add to fizz wine like a kir royal etc.

Anyone further south than me seen them flower yet? we have had really misreable weather around here which will probabaly make things abit later than usual, or is it just because i'm waiting it feels longer!!

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
My elderflowers are nearly finished unfortunately.

That does sound interesting though, I bought a 25 litre keg today and knocked something up.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
My Elderflowers are nearly over, i have four gallons of Elderflower champagne made and ive dehydrated enough flowers to see me through to next year now

Nick93

Dec 27, 2009
Devon, England
The flowers down here are just about opening. I made some cordial yesterday, I didnt have enough for making a lot of anything so I stuck with cordial for now. Im hoping to get some more when i go for a walk again tomorrow. Most that I have found have been protected by a wall of gorse and a tick infested patch of grass.. haha, ah well its all worth it i suppose :p

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have made a half gallon of cordial so far - and have the makings of lots more and champagne as well - when I find more flowers ...thin on the ground around here!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE