Elbow adze

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I made this little adze yesterday from bits and pieces I had around the house
sales638.jpg

sales636.jpg

sales639.jpg

sales640.jpg

sales641.jpg

Here is a short video of my first ever use of an elbow adze. This one, with a little fettling and tuning is going to be great for semi-detailed work....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U05cuYrj_yY
Thanks for looking,
cheers Jonathan :)

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Thanks for looking guys:)

Great to see it finished, proper job, as they say here in Devon. I like the shape of the handle, I may have made the handle a bit longer myself.

Dont forget I have the other fabricated and pegged oak ones still in progress, they are considerably longer but need forged blade's (curved and/or lipped). I will be posting pics and video's of those in due course. I did this because a suitabley shaped bit of ash came out of the wood pile:). Its probaly about the same size as a djarv babby adze....the 1 1/2 inch chisle was just the right width for the ash. Still trying out various wrapping materials. Thick monofilament line or strimmer line might be good, something with a little stretchy tension....run out of raw hide:lmao:

cheers Jonathan

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I finished the first adze that is fabricated from a cut out plank rather than made from a crook branch. Its about 12 inches long, blade was made from recyclled billhook steel. It was epoxie'd to the oak handle and wrapped with twisted linen threads, then soaked in a mix of yelow paint and oil
sales648.jpg

sales646.jpg

sales644.jpg

sales650.jpg

I intend to use this tool to get a micro adzed finish on bowls and dishes (like you see on old beams, but producing a smaller scale tool mark) I'll post a video later of it cutting.......
chers Jonathan :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE