EKA Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Cheers TheViking :You_Rock_ ... It's a good review of the steel but i'm in the market for a few of their smaller (Much smaller) folding knives...

More specifically:

EKA Knives - Swede 88 Wood
Blade Length: 2.75"
Overall Length: 7"
Blade Material: Sandvic stainless steel
Sheath Material: N/A
Heinnie Price £20.95

Anyone got anything?

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
They are superb knives, I've had one of their Super Swedes for 15 years (marketed by Normark then) and its been with me everywhere. Easy to sharpen and holds an edge. If you square the back of the blade off they work very well with a firesteel.You have no problems with the blade becoming loose as it can be tensioned via the screws on the handle, which can be used to "field-strip" the knife too.
All in all, a well priced knife that works extremely well.I know bushcraft and folders are'nt supposed to go together, but this one is pretty damn good.
Neil

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
I've got an EKA masur. Georgeous knife. The curly birch handle is lovely, as is the elkskin pouch. The opening action is slick as anything. Go for it.

alick

Settler
Aug 29, 2003
Northwich, Cheshire
I've had a couple of minutes play with the Masur Birch version. It's really nice, Their cheaper folders are also good knives, but in my opinion the extra cost of the special birch version does get you a much nicer knife. I'd buy one !

Danzo

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 8, 2004
Close to Sherwood
As andy said I had a EKA Masur birch handle folder for a while but wasn't using it fully so sold it on. It is a lovely knife; pretty much a folding puukko, with most of the pluses of it's fixed blade inspiration. The lock is solid and secure. The blade is very sharp out of the box and Sandvik 12c27 is a quality steel. The blade is thin, hence very usable for all the things you want to do with a smaller knife. Let's face it, you probably shouldn't be batoning with a folder!

:shock:

The handles are a very nice warm wood, the leather lanyard is good and the belt sheath is well made, perfectly functional although a little thin compared to the classic Buck 110 'Biker' style of folder sheath. Even the box is good!

Wish I still had it, to be honest..........

:roll:

Danzo

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Danzo,

Danzo said:
As andy said I had a EKA Masur birch handle folder for a while but wasn't using it fully so sold it on. It is a lovely knife; pretty much a folding puukko, with most of the pluses of it's fixed blade inspiration. The lock is solid and secure. The blade is very sharp out of the box and Sandvik 12c27 is a quality steel. The blade is thin, hence very usable for all the things you want to do with a smaller knife. Let's face it, you probably shouldn't be batoning with a folder!

:shock:

The handles are a very nice warm wood, the leather lanyard is good and the belt sheath is well made, perfectly functional although a little thin compared to the classic Buck 110 'Biker' style of folder sheath. Even the box is good!

Wish I still had it, to be honest..........

:roll:

Danzo

If you still are looking for one drop me an email, I got 2 left of 10 pieces that we bought directly from EKA, I'll let go for the price our Scouting group paid for them + postage to you, they are just "money" that we can't spend on other really necessairy stuff right now.

I think the Eka Masur with it's thin blade is a real nice user knife that won't scare the "sheeple", it looks nice and "non-threatening" and gets the job done.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera :pack:

jason01

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 24, 2003
I've had these two carbon steel slipjoint EKA's for 25 years, they've been thoroughly used and abused and still going strong. I remember they originally came with chemically blackened blades, the smaller bladed one has shrunk noticeably from sharpening over years.

eka.jpg

Cant go wrong with them!

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE