egg poaching ring?

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I know this is an old thread, but the way i poach eggs on my Trangia is to crack the egg into a sandwich type plastic bag then place in pan of boiling water until cooked. then use the same water to make a brew with :)

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I thought this was a new criminal enterprise:lmao:
Me too! :)

I've poached eggs using tin cans (remove both ends) before now. But like some of the others have said, you can also crack them straight into gently boiling water with a little bit of vinegar added. If you practice, you can even crack them into gently boiling water without vinegar added - you have to give the water a stir and get a little vortex going first...I've never succeeded with this method.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
To poach an egg

Borrow some eggs
In a mid sized saucepan bring to boil a fair quantity of water (about two inches deep) to which a large dash of vinegar has been added
Crack the egg into a bowl.
When the water is at a rolling boil slide the egg into the water and tilt the pan to one side for 20- 30 seconds so the egg sits at the lowest point whilst still on the heat. Turn down the heat until the waters is just simmering.
Swirl the pan for half a minute or so, so that the egg does not stick. Using this method it is possible to have 4 eggs poaching at anyone time. Using a slotted spoon lift of any froth that forms. Using slotted spoon lift out eggs one at a time

I’ve being using this method for 30 years and it has never failed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE