Edible Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

bearblade

The meat in the walking pole is held together with MSG and they call it healthy :shock: Interesting, though Roger must be right Barking Mad!! :?

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Amen to that.

Assuming it is for real, surely any gear you're going to be prepared to eat has to be moderately water soluble? And therefore not perhaps the best idea in the world?

[edit - just read the FAQ:
Question: Aren't animals attracted to equipment made of out food?

Answer: No. Animals aren't stupid. Animals don't consider Edible Gear food.
]

Kev P

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 12, 2003
Beds
This site looks genuine enough but it did come online on the 1st April :lol:
If it is real unfortunately it looks like it can't be imported because it contains GM products, banned under EU :cry:
Pity it would be fun to try.

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
I'm in the market for some chocolate billy cans.

Is it tallow candles that can be eaten or used in some other way (not as a candle that is)?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Yep.. tallow candles were made of animal fat.. so maybe eating them may not be the best.... you can use them as oil for cooking.
Be careful though...... many 'modern' tallow candles have other preservatives and chemicals in them which may or maynot be toxic. Best to make them yourself or buy them from someone who makes them so you can ask whats in them, or maybe put a special order in.

Ed

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
We did a similar April 1 column at Equipped. I still get inquiries :lol: There are real examples in the world though. The Inuit would make sled runners from fish rolled up tightly in seal skins and frozen, providing an emergency or trip's end food source. The older marijauna slang term "smoking a rope"comes from sailors smoking short bits of hemp line. Lovely for sea sickness, but I wonder how many shops ran out of rigging? And who could forget the old folk story of stone soup? This does raise a more serious question of kit. People come up with ingenious devices that pull double duty; belts made of braided paracord, using shoelaces for saw handles etc. I can just see myself,standing in loose,laceless boots,trousers slipping down my skinny frame and some grizzly bear walking up.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
This kills me. It really does. Until I saw this site I always thought you guys from the other side of the pond thought Irony was like steely, or coppery.

P.S. [If this is real Id like to order the edible backpack please]

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
if you try to order it you get this:

Processing Error
Sorry. Due to unusually heavy server activity we are temporarily unable to process your order.

Options. You can either:

Save your order form and try again later;

Print your order form, tape it the back of a mental patient and hope that he/she wanders near our offices; or

Go away angry and frustrated.
[ Close Window ]

© EAT Ltd. 2003

so some people have to find a beter hobby !

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just ordered two beef trekking poles and a bottle of brandy flavour stove fuel

Really fancied the mango tarp but they`re out of stock right now.

hic

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE