East Anglia Group!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Yggdrasil

May 18, 2005
Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
Hello all! i hope you are all having a brilliant christmas. My parents have bought me a spokeshave, a lemon wood bow stave, a billy can, a crook knife and a book entitled ''primitive technology, a book of earth skills'' which looks really good. My parents are so cool... :D
I havnt been posting hardly at all recently but i will start again :eek:
Rob

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
Happy Hannaukah, Finally got through the snow and Ice to a computer.

Looks like I'll be having to live bushcraft in a months time as just got notice from the landlord. Added a few more scars and stitches to my face curtousy of real ale.

Apart from that I'm doing OK and will be off to the coast for a forage once this snow stops coming down.

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
Anyone wants a coastal forage I'll be between cromer and overstrand for the next 48 hours. Will be sleeping near overstrand where the greater reeedmace grows.

Anyone is welcome to pay me a visit.

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
The very same. I prefer to spell it Garveston, as do some others, but the village sign says Garvestone and a few signs even say Gaverston(e).

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
Do you know if they will allow a meet there ? we can always go to thje woods for the day? thetford is close and lots even closer! i have been sounding out lots of places, asc yet to no avail :( but i will keep trying!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
hi richard here, anyone planning stuf in the near future, i'm afraid my computers been playing up again so not been able to keep up with news, anyone want to have a local meet?
i have new kit to play with(again)!

biddlesby, if you can get the campsite details i would be up for it.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Does the East Anglian chapter meet up regular, or is it only occasionaly. I would love to meet up but sadly I work weekends and 2 evenings during the week. hopefully to change though.

Cheers

Chris

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Most meets happen at the weekend, although I'm sure a weekly meet would be possible.

I've emailed the Norfolk Scouts. I will take photos of the site at the weekend.

lord lurcher

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2005
norwich, norfolk
Nice one biddlesby! Even if the site isnt perfect i'm sure we could all make the best of it, beggars cant be choosers etc etc. Rapplesby i thought you'd been abducted by aliens? :lmao: I'm up for a wander anytime, be interested to see new kit as well, let me know if your about this weekend

Caretaker and myself are organising an Easter meet in a woodland he has access to, near Rutland Water. Dates are 14th - 17th April.

The site is approx 42 acres mixed woodland with 2 areas of flat grass, there is an area for parking with portaloo facilities and a standpipe for water. It is run as a Hawk & Owl centre and nature reserve. Most Sundays part of the wood is used by the Rutland Bowmen for archery and axe throwing.

The site is between Oakham & Stamford quite close to Rutland Water. We will send exact details to everyone nearer the time.

A couple of restrictions on its use;

A) there is a part of the wood he does not want us to go in (still leaves 30 acres), B) no alcohol,
C) no rubbish left on site.

Fires are not a problem but care needs to be taken.

The cost for the weekend will be £10 per person.

There is a limit of 20 people for this meet, so get your name down quick ;)

If insufficient numbers from the EA group are interested, it will be advertised to everyone.

Thanks to caretaker for sorting this :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE