Earthquake

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I've just been listening to BBC local radio, who are reporting that it has been felt across the country, apparently someone in America has been able to suggest that the epicentre was approx 30 miles south of Kingston upon Hull, and the BGS have stated it reached 4.7 on the richter scale.

EDIT: Apparently it was the US Geological Survey that has been reporting what happened -typical that someone a few thousand miles away can tell us what happened & pin-point it before we can !!

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I am about 20 miles from the reported centre and all seems ok, no reports of damage or casualty!

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I'm about 12 miles West of Manchester and felt nowt - but a bottle and a half of wine can do that to you :D I know! naughty Matty drinking on a school night!

Edit: Just spoken to Nat and she felt it, woke me up and asked did I feel it. I must have given her the 'yes dear' brush off as apparently I gave an affirmative grunt then went straight back to the land of Nod.

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Felt it and woke up, thought my wife was having a nightmare, when I realised it was just the bed shaking I went back sleep (probably poltergeists I thought, best leave them to it eh?).

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
EDIT: Apparently it was the US Geological Survey that has been reporting what happened -typical that someone a few thousand miles away can tell us what happened & pin-point it before we can !!

Funny thing about earthquakes - it's easier to accurately measure and locate one from a long way away than it is from right on top of it. Plus, the USGS has a lot more equipment and expertise than the BGS, since they have to deal with active fault zones. We're not really tooled up to deal with earthquakes in Britain, since they hardly ever happen here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE