Earthquake

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I got out of bed about 12.30 to open th windows as I was mafted, neded some cool air. Got back to sllep a few minutes later, next thing the wife was panicking "what was that, whats happening the room's shaking" :eek: In my befuddled state I hadnt a clue what she was on about. Thinking it must of been supernatural poltregeist gremlin's or something I simply rolled over and went back to sleep. I'm sort of disapointed I missed it though :lmao: . She was frightened though, and she's lived through bombing raids in Iraq/iran

scrubcutter

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2008
Dorset
Scrubcutter

I may be wrong, but I guess you did feel the main shockwave...

The main quake happened at about 00.55 and has been reported as lasting about 10 seconds.

I felt it around 00:56 but it lasted around 30 seconds, as I was awake at the time I heard / felt it coming and it built up in intensity then reached its peak for around 10 seconds, and then felt it going away (roughly north to south).

So it's likely that you felt it in Dorset a minute or so later.

Thanks bushscout.

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Scared me witless - I was just drifting off and thought it was an intruder in my room.
It took me a little while to settle again! Forgot all about it until someone mentioned it
the next day and I remembered the very odd swaying sensation which reminded me
of the one from Dudley a few years ago when I was up and about and fully aware of
the quake.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE