E-bay - the latest must have item!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Topcat02 said:
I thought it was quite a neat idea, entrenching tools are heavy, and take quite a bit of space. Got to give him credit for ingenuity, it's even green!.

I would still go for metal, even if it's a trowel sized item...

You can move very hot embers with it as well as digging poo holes... at a push, you could also sharpen it up to make something that might cut also.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I cut a full sized shovel down with an angle grinder.It started life as a :-
HMS Bulldog,English Tools Ltd.,Wigan & Leeds,made in England.
I used a 6" nail to re-rivit the cut down handle.
cutdownshovel.jpg

It might not be light weight,but then I carry loads of gear.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=896&cat=500&ppuser=3328
cheers all Danny

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
QDanT said:
I cut a full sized shovel down with an angle grinder.It started life as a :-
HMS Bulldog,English Tools Ltd.,Wigan & Leeds,made in England.
I used a 6" nail to re-rivit the cut down handle.
cutdownshovel.jpg

It might not be light weight,but then I carry loads of gear.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=896&cat=500&ppuser=3328
cheers all Danny

:eek: You weren't joking, were you? :D

I just take a wee archaeologists trowel....hey if I can excavate an Iron Age farm with it, I can dig a s*** hole in the woods :rolleyes: or a pit under the hearth for a tar can or, since it's really springy strong, I can even remove bark with it too, or dig up roots for basketry or dyes. :D It's a *Good Thing*.

Cheers,
Toddy (who's suffering from Smileyitis again :eek: )

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
Danny, i like your cut down spade, might have to steal that idea... The finish is much nicer than an entrencing tool, steel and wood... the way it sould be!

A liger!!!!!!!

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Pro...lor=MARIGOLD&img=/media/637330.jpg&view=large

If anyone here has seen the film Napoleon Dynamite you'll know that has to be one of the finest comedy animals every.... Having said that, a bright flad on pegs for guys isn't a poor idea. Nor is a trowel, I actually prefer the look of that to the folding stainless one sold as a survival tool in some parts. This guy must be keen though to have been carying three on a trip!!!!!!!

Ben

OhCanada

Forager
Feb 26, 2005
Eastern Canada
Does a bushcrafter sh*t in the woods? :lmao:

I realize that the UK outdoor scene is a bit behind us here in North America but if you are got a full size shovel strapped to your pack then something is wrong :welcome: I'll start to think you never camp more than five feet from your truck.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE