Dutch Bushcraft meeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Hi all,

I get the feeling there are a lot of dutchies on this forum who would like a Dutch bushcraft meeting. Because as far as I know there is no real bushcraft platform in holland ( like BCUK ) other than the bushcraftweekend ( wich is held twice a year and is allways full).

Who is interested in a simple meet in the Netherlands? Maybe a one nighter at a paalkampeerplaats or maybe someone has acces to some land where we can stay for a day or a day an a night. Just a chance to get to know your fellow Dutch bushcrafter and share some knowledge.

Cheers!

p.s. of course if you're not dutch and in the neighbourhood, as far as I'm concerned you're welcome.

U

unused[nl]

I spoke to you to day and I am still in for this! Great idea but we need to arrange some time + place. Hopefully someone has a big forest in his garden, unlikely but would be nice! Keep me undated!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Anyone on a firstname terms with that guy from Extra Survival? IIRC He's in Drenthe and has access to some land, maybe ... if we put up :puppy_dog (puppy dog) eyes we can arrange something.

Depending on exact date I would be interested.

:bandit:
J

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Excellent to hear there are many people interested in this.

First of all I think it's important to hear from everyone what they expect from this meet. Do you all just want to meet, have a brew, sit by the campfire and tell stories or learn from eachother by making something / showing something. or maybe something else.
I would actually like to see who is my fellow Dutch bushcrafter and see what he or she does and how.

Secondly. Where would the meet take place? I haven't exactly got a spare forest in my backgarden.
A paalkampeerplaats would be an option. but there are some terms of use.
- There is a maximum of three hikertents allowed and they have to be in a 10 meter radius of the paal (pole). But I personally use a tarp, so I don't know how that's rated by staatsbosbeheer.
- An open fire is prohibited wich means any fire related activities are a nono.
- There is a waterpump available. But the water has to be boiled before it can be drank.
- You may stay there for a maximum of 72 hours.
- The paalkampeerterreinen are open all year but the waterpump is removed in the winter.

In my humble opinion not the greatest of options. But still... a paalkampeerplaats is a valid option.

A better option would be to stay at private land. Where we can make fire and do fire related stuff. ( hmm. I'm starting to sound a bit like pyromaniac, am I? ;) )
Anyway, a place where we don't have to worry about nosy foresters or many rules and regulations. Also the group can be bigger if we use private land.
A downside could be that we have to pay some fee to make use of it. Now. I don't mind. but how does everybody think about that?

Anyone on a firstname terms with that guy from Extra Survival? IIRC He's in Drenthe and has access to some land, maybe ... if we put up :puppy_dog (puppy dog) eyes we can arrange something.

Depending on exact date I would be interested.

:bandit:
J

Ahjno, I saw him (René Nauta) on the bushcraftweekend, mailed him once about how and where he does his stuff and talked to an instructor from extrasurvival (kees) . Friendly guys. About the land, I only got from René that he uses private land. that's it. Maybe someone else can investigate if there's a possibility that we can use it.

well. That's about all the thoughts I had to spill.

Cheers!

O. p.s. about the date. I think it could be done at the end of this summer ( August or something) prefarably in a weekend.

rommol

Jun 17, 2007
Leeuwarden,Friesland
Well guys.......

your troubles are over.....

Meet mr.Mol,here,i've got the place and the time.
My family has a 1000 square meter garden/land,half filled with trees and bush, with a 6 x 4 meter empty barn to party in,a small 4 x 2 m guesthouse for people without a tent ,an old tentcaravan for 3 people and if REALLY neccessary a house with 3 bedrooms.
There is fresh water,electricity,light,a toilet (and if neccessary a shower.)
We can make a campfire there and the house is standing in open field,so no problems with music or screaming people and complayning neighbours
The idea for a weekend somewhere in august is fine with the family,or later when you want,
let's pick a date,people that come from far away in Holland or maybe from brittain,can also come on fridaynight,than we have 2 nights to party.
The house is in the upper part of Holland,in Friesland,2 k.m. from the waddensee,so for the idiots that want so,they can run in the mud and look for seefood.
We originally come from Amsterdam,so smoking and drinking is alowed,hehehe!

I think we can vote here.

who is for 3-5 august
or 10-12 august
or17-19 august
or24-27 august
or 31-2 sept.

and....do we invite foreign friends,or not?

let me hear what you guys think about this,

email me at:
rommol@tiscali.nl

or call me at:
058-7850500
06-44638457

Greetings,Rob Mol
Leeuwarden,Friesland,Holland

U

unused[nl]

Thanks Rob Great Idea! It may be a problem with the traveling, Bergen op Zoom, 40 km's from the Belgium border but should be possible! Don't know how other people think about this!?
Maybe we can arrange some kind of a meeting place with a carpoolish idea share the cost and keep the cost down!

I am in for a weekend or during the week, as long as is in the summer vacation. My school starts 1 September or something!

Location sounds really awesome! Geuf your thoughts?

rommol

Jun 17, 2007
Leeuwarden,Friesland
people who sent me e-mail wil receive a warning the first time to confirm their identity,that's just to keep the spam out,no sweat ,,just reply to the message and you're in forever without any further questions from choicemail(spamfighter).

p.s.In case we get together in Friesland...they have a lot of ducks ,pheasants and rabits running around in the fields..just so you bushdevils know what to catch or eat!
I think,Geuf..your idea is getting there,

I vote for 17 to 19 august,anyone else?
If we put some nickel together,i can arange some food or drinks,as long as we know huw much people are coming
I'm a busy guy in the daytime,so,Geuf,can you setup the contacts whith the others?
I'll here about it when you guys picked a date.
Greetings Mol

U

unused[nl]

I just checked on www.9292ov.nl and it will take me 4 hours to get to Leeuwarden by train and a single trip cost me 34 euro's! That's an expensive weekend! haha
17 to 19 august sounds good for me, I think.
If you need help to make some arrangements I am willing to help you Geuf! Just contact me, here or on mail.
Guido

rommol

Jun 17, 2007
Leeuwarden,Friesland
maybe some of you guys(or girls) can handle an axe or a bow,so we can have a treecutting and a bowshooting competition.
there are a lot of trees that need some cutting ,so bring your climbing gear,your bows and axes,and we can have fun there.
seen the fact that the land is private,we decide which trees to cut and what to do with them,but....fresh trees don't burn that well.
So i will have a look for some dry woow from the carpentershop to have a campfire and whenn we picked a date-it seems 17-19 aug is ok with the most-i might need a hand preparing the barn to be a bar for the weekend and i want to know what else you might expect that weekend,any ideas?
do we live in tents,inthe open field,or just a hangmat in the trees?
its all possible,i have a few tents here,so you dont need to bring them if its to much weight in your backpack.
As far as i can see now,there are about 6 people responding to Geuf's idea for a meeting,there is room for more,so you could bring a friend or two.
just let me know who's coming and what we plan to do...

hear you! Mol

p.s. volunteers for preparing?

U

unused[nl]

@rommol with you counted in I count 11 ;)

I don't have an axe or a bow but I would LOVE to learn how to shoot a bow!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE