Dutch 44 Pattern Metal Mug Lid

Phaestos

Sep 8, 2012
Manchester
Hey guys,

Right, well after setting up a little brew kit for myself, I have now decided I would like a lid to fit onto my Dutch Metal mug that I picked up from Enidcotts. At the moment I'm using tin foil to great success, but would really like something a little more robust. Did they even make lids for these mugs?

Cheers,

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
How handy are you with your hands. I bought some cheap mess tins from the pound shop and then made one myself.
Took me around 15 mins.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
All I did was turn the mug upside down so the lip of it is downwards and rested it on the messtin, draw round it with a marker pen. Next draw anothe line round the first leaving a 12/13 mm gap. Cut around the outer line(jigsaw) or angle grinder with cutting disc.

To form the lids lip I put the mug back on to the inner line you drew first but overhang the lid slightly on a sturdy bench the gently tap to shape. For a handle just fold a piece of the aluminium through a d ring and then rivet to the lid.

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
If your looking to buy one, Launditch1 made my crusader lid. Probably sells the 44 patt ones too.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
All I did was turn the mug upside down so the lip of it is downwards and rested it on the messtin, draw round it with a marker pen. Next draw anothe line round the first leaving a 12/13 mm gap. Cut around the outer line(jigsaw) or angle grinder with cutting disc.

To form the lids lip I put the mug back on to the inner line you drew first but overhang the lid slightly on a sturdy bench the gently tap to shape. For a handle just fold a piece of the aluminium through a d ring and then rivet to the lid.
Johnny, thats splendid :) And adaptable to every lidless cooking utensil, top tip, lovey!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE