Durdatha whye - Good day to you

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 4, 2012
Nr St Ives, Cornwall
Hello folks,

I'm a Cornwall based Scouser who has always been a keen walker. Over the past couple of years, I've discovered I actually rather enjoy camping too. And the more 'adventures' I go on, the more find myself wandering off the well trodden paths, exploring the wilder places and giving family campsites a miss; setting up camp wherever I happen to end up (quite possibly illegally - you can take the boy out of Liverpool and all that).

Being a city boy born and bred, Bushcraft was not something I was really aware of as a child, indeed things I now take for granted, like trees in fields were a bit of a novelty for me, as the seemed only to grow directly out of the pavement or the neatly cut grass verges of duel carriageways, when I was a lad.

So I'm very much a late comer to the whole Bushcraft thing and what little I do know, has been self taught in recent years and I am hoping my membership here will help polish the skills I have 'taught' myself and provide a helpful nudge in the right direction, as I endeavour to expand upon them.

I am here to learn.

But I am also here to chat with like minded folks andit would also be good to speak to anyone either in Cornwall or the wider South West or folks who are familiar with the region, about good places to go exploring off the path, without fear of being threatened with prosecution for trespassing on Charlie Windsor's land.

Cheers.

Colin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE