Dumplings : The Ultimate Survival food?

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Hi Ya,

WARNING THIS MIGHT BE ALCOLHOL INDUCED!! ;)

Right I how many of you carry ready made bannock mix.

Hands up!

Hands up!

I know I do.

Well I just got the munchies and went to a quick favorite suet dumplings and I got thinking are these the ultimate survival food.

when you thing about it they are full off carbs, fat and very filling, and how easy are they to take into the field?

1 part suet (animal or veg)
2 parts self raising flour
salt and pepper to taste
water
and something to boil it in
that is it!

And as apposed to bannock all you need to do it boil them for 20-25 mins rather than working out how to bake/grill them.

I was luck for flavor in that I had some second day stew on the hod but I have done it before with just a sock cube/gravy granule's, and yes I am a carnivore but I also love them done in a mix of veg stock and cheese sauce granule's.

Thorfinn

Tenderfoot
Dec 15, 2006
West Lothian
Whenever me and my friend go camping, his sister makes up dumplin and it's possible the best thing i've taken camping. Now that i have the recipe i don't need my friend or his sister :lmao:

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Thorfinn said:
Whenever me and my friend go camping, his sister makes up dumplin and it's possible the best thing i've taken camping. Now that i have the recipe i don't need my friend or his sister :lmao:

I take it she is not much of a looker them ;)

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Right I how many of you carry ready made bannock mix.
he he he.... ummmm no.... I used to though but stopped. I now carry the ingredients separately as then i can mix as I want ... be it bannock, pizza base, naan like bread, dumplings, pie crusts .... the list goes on :D

:)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE