Duke Of Edinburgh Award Help - Bushcraft styley

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 10, 2005
West Yorkshire
Hi All
Does anyone know if there is any organisations (or people) that can help me learn a bit about bushcraft and survival so that I can use it as part of my Gold D of E award as a skill?

Basically I have to complete a "Skill" section for 18 months to pass,
I have to log my efforts etc and improve upon the skills I learnt.
I can choose anything I want but as am soooo interested in b/c I thought this would be the best to choose.
However, I don’t know where to start? - as I basically have to have like a "tutor/ coach" who could fill out my book every so often and say yes he has improved etc?
I thought you people would be the best to ask
( I think Ray Mears is busy atm? ;) )

I’m in the West Yorks area but any info or help would be wicked
Thanks

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
if you're in scouts we run a survival and bushcraft weekend once a year. we could hook you up with an invigilator for your assesments.

some CCF units also run courses to the DofE syllabus.

PM me if you're a scout. failing that try asking through your local DofE resources.

on the spendy side, you could possibly do a commercial bushcraft course, im sure the instructors would be happy to sign off your continued learning. all the schools i've had contact with do it mostly for the love rather than the big bucks. it can't hurt to ask.

PM me anyway if you want to talk about it.

cheers, and.

Sep 10, 2005
West Yorkshire
Thanks for your advice

I’m in the ACF as an adult instructor (well I’ve not long joined actually and im still awaiting the last paper to be sorted) but we do D of E here but don’t have any instructors that can help me or sign me off on the b/c side of things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE