Drinking chocolate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I've been looking at the vast range of drinking chocolate powder available, I usually carry a tub rather than individual packs. I do like army ration stuff and sometimes I make a mix of cheap stuff. What is your fab brand or recipe?

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
For that pure taste of luxury on a cold winters day... Green and Blacks :)

Good 'ol Cadbury's with some mini-marshmallows just makes me grin from ear to ear!

Try your favorite mix with an actual square of milk chocco or two in next time, but it has to be piping, and stirred well.

TBL.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm a sucker for the Galaxy sachets, the Bourneville ones in hotels used to be nice too but you don;t see many these days.

The ratpack ones were tasty too but they all got drunk donkeys ago

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
For that pure tase of luxury on a cold winters day... Green and Blacks :)

G&B do drinking chocolate ???

drool.gif

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
a spoon o choclate, (usually rat pack syuff)

and a spoon o horlicks!

dash o milk ,...nom nom nom !!!

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Swiss Miss (individual packets) ease of preparation, good flavor. The powdered milk is already mixed in, just add to your Crusader cup of steaming hot water.

Abuela (a Mexican chocolate that is a bit different, but quite good if made properly, according to the instructions.

Hint: 1/8 teaspoon of chili powder to two cups of milk gives a cup of hot chocolate a very good flavor. It will not taste like chili powder--just different but good. Try it sometime, you might just like it!

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
,,marvel,, hot choc ive been geting recent as my local pound shop has got decent size jars and its nice. i just tip the amount i need in a sandwich bag when heading out.

Last edited:

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
At Cub camp, we always give the little horrors hot chocolate before bed (spoilt they are). A couple of years ago, on the last night of a weeks camp we ran out:yikes:, we had a billy full of brown liquid that tasted like dishwater.
One of the mums that was on camp that year said no problem, bung this in and pruduced a large bar of dairy milk, it still tasted like dishwater. Another bar appeared, still no good.
Some Galexy turned up, then more. A couple of multi packs of Mars bars went in and by this time we had a brew that was thick and very chocolaty. One of the cubs noted that it tasted a bit different, but the adults loved it.
Not recommened if you are lightweight camping:D

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
I drink mostly rat pack hot chocolate as I get it free, but for shop bought ones, I used to love the Lidl stuff. Sadly they no longer sell it, so I have to use Cadburies hot chocolate.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
My favorite is proper Cadbury's make with hot milk, hot chocolate. If milk isn't practical and I have to use instant make with water stuff then my preference is Galaxy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE