Drinking chocolate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Hmm G&B drinking choc is wickedly delish, must say though i'm a big fan of ovaltine! they do a "Light" version you make with water, touch of milk in there and its the ultimate sleep bringer on a cold night by a fire.

Left Turn

Dec 14, 2009
US (northern california)
I like Mexican-style hot chocolate mix. It is spicy and wonderful. A lot of it comes in tablets which require grinding, but some comes in a powder. It all requires milk, so I use powdered milk. You can jazz up regular hot chocolate with vanilla, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, and cinnamon if you want to kind of get the flavor.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Don't laugh, it's very good.
Heat up a wee carton of Alpro soya chocolate in my Ti mug if I'm camping and it's excellent:D
Sprinkle with real cocoa powder and a add a teaspoonful of Cointreau if I'm at home :cool:

It just works :approve:

cheers,
Toddy

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The real deal for me

25grms of grated Cacao
100ml of water
sugar/milk/rum/chilli to taste

Why bother with the packet crap when you can have the real mccoy

I've often thought that Montezuma's milk chocolate with nutmeg would be nice done that way. Hopefully Santa will bring me some more. Chilli in the cocoa should be nice too. yum, yum, yum. :D

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I second rat pack choc. I wouldn't choose to drink anything else when out camping. I find the other stuff like cadburys/mars/malteasers etc too watery and you are left with far too much sediment in the bottom of the mug!

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Yes Cadbury's bought them way back in 05...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4543583.stm

And then Cadburies were bought by Kraft, yuk.... but whilst the ethics may not be what they were the choc is still good.

I find all commercial drinking chock has too much sugar and too little chock for my taste so I mix it 50 50 with G&B cocoa powder. Rat pack chock is just neat sugar isn't it?

B

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE