Drinking chocolate

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I go for the horlicks malt choc individual packets when I am treking. One for each night before bed when I am sat in my tent. A great time of day:)

ps. also tastes good with a nip of whisky in it

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
The little Tesco in town doesn't have it but the Sainsubry's in the Guildhall centre does.
I was thinking of the big Sainsburys out at Marsh Barton as that's the way I head into town

Nido is powdered whole milk.
interesting... Again, when in Namibia, we had bags of powdered milk (called Nestle i think) which was much better than anything I've used in the UK

one sachet of chocolate horlicks
one sachet malteasers hot chocolate
one over generous slug of brandy

drink then sleep

or at home 100/200ml warmed milk
two spoons whittards dreamtime chocolate
half bar little bar galaxy chocolate
brandy (for me not lisa or shan)
slug of baileys makes an interesting mixer

Sleep

mind you any hot choc is good if its got brandy in it

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Can't help thinking (and just the thought makes me drool) that Montezuma's Nutmeg chocolate grated into hot milk would be sooper-d-dooper at the end of the day.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
One I use to make up was the following:

Mix all the following together then just use 4 table spoons in hot water.

100g of each
Shop value chocolate powder
Coca powder
Powder milk
Chocolate angel delight

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
I was thinking of the big Sainsburys out at Marsh Barton as that's the way I head into town
I don't often go there but they should have it.

interesting... Again, when in Namibia, we had bags of powdered milk (called Nestle i think) which was much better than anything I've used in the UK
Well, Nido is made by Nestle so it sould well be the same stuff.

I got in from work the other day and pulled a tin of Milo out my bag. "Wow Milo, I haven't seen that since I lived in New Zealand!" says mum.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Right I'm just trying Galaxy drinking chocolate, 4 heaped tsp but I still want something a bit more richer. So I'm blending together some ingredients. Watch this space

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Aldi's own. Big jar for a quid and it's better the Cadbury's in my opinion. Doesn't leave sediment in the bottom of the cup either.

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Was just about to make another thread about this.

does anyone add stuff to their hot choc? other than brandy? I want to make mine a bit more bulky - I'll be trying the mars bar thing soon though.

Andy

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Extra G&B 85% chocolate! :)

The best hot chocolate I've ever had was at the Bonatti Refuge in Italy - it was so good I took a photo.

septicwiththebesthotcho.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE