"Don't it always seem to go...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Firewyre

Jul 11, 2005
Birmingham, UK
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone?"

Hi, newbie here - originally from Scotland and now living in Birmingham. It would be now that I develop a proper interest in bushcraft as a whole instead of just some of the components - where I'm miles away from obviously good places to camp out bushcraft style!

But I'm ever so glad I've found this site - very very informative. I look forward to devouring the contents of the forums and maybe even posting what little wisdom I discover myself :)

Hello to everyone, congrats on such a great site and if anyone can help with a good place in the midlands for a bit of a bushcraft-style campout for two (bf and I) then I'd appreciate it. (I read the midlands thread, but it was inconclusive).

Interests - wild food, herbs (medicinal etc), and other plant uses (fibre, dyes, etc etc).

khimbar

Nomad
Jan 5, 2005
birmingham uk
Welcome to the virtual campfire.

And welcome to Birmingham, the spiritual home of bushcraft. :)

I'm sure you'll love it (Birmingham I mean)...well I say love it, but as a native I can say 'learn to tolerate' is about the best it gets. :p

Firewyre

Jul 11, 2005
Birmingham, UK
khimbar said:
Welcome to the virtual campfire.

And welcome to Birmingham, the spiritual home of bushcraft. :)

I'm sure you'll love it (Birmingham I mean)...well I say love it, but as a native I can say 'learn to tolerate' is about the best it gets. :p
Thanks, I've been here over a year now, so it's not so recent a change. Birmingham's much like Glasgow, as far as I'm concerned, but don't tell anyone I said that ;)

I managed to get in to a nice area though, Edgbaston/Harborne way, and I'm often up near Brownhills/Clayhanger so I get to go on nice enough strolls away from the concrete wilderness. Just got "Food for Free" and "Wild Food" today, so those are the places I'll be scavenging in for grub. Wish me (and my digestive system) luck!

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Firewyre said:
Birmingham's much like Glasgow, as far as I'm concerned, but don't tell anyone I said that ;)

Next you'll be telling us they've got an equivalent to the Philly on the GWR - and I'd have to doubt you... Boy, do I miss pudding & chips this far South! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE