Allo allo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

OldManToy

Feb 20, 2022
North East London
Hey there

Obligatory newbie post here. I’ve lurked around the forums a bit for tips and opinions from the UK based community (weather context more than anything else) rather than rely solely on the standard reviewers and YouTubers but thought I’d pay up and join properly to help support the site etc. There are some good British YouTubers though!

I’m based in NE London and shifted from road to off road cycling a couple of years back. I’ve enjoyed the adventure of using an OS map to stitch together routes in Essex an Herts And have done some longer three dayers. I also enjoy a bit of a hike up through Epping Forest or the Lea Valley, apart from when it’s busy!

The journey and adventure bit above led to overnight stays and getting lightweight gear then my first bivvy camp last year. It was fun and I want to do more of that, either bike or hike in Herts/Essex. Obviously I’ve needed to gen up a bit on basic bushcraft skills: mainly knots, tarp pitching and choosing camp spots.

So I’m here mainly to source wild campsites and/or areas to wildcamp nearish to me and to educate myself on kit, skills, etc. I understand about permission etc. Will probs do a bit more hiking this year, inc short train hops to clear London, just to be able to get out, hopefully under the stars and away from London’s city glow!

So, there you go. That’s me. If anyone is doing similar then please do PM me.

Michael

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE