Dog Soldiers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
first time i watched it was in the woods on the back of a tarp with an outdoor projector when I used to be part of a group that ran weekend airsoft events

great fun especially as a mate brought a wolf mask along....

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
first time i watched it was in the woods on the back of a tarp with an outdoor projector when I used to be part of a group that ran weekend airsoft events

great fun especially as a mate brought a wolf mask along....

Lmao, at least he didn't bring a mutilated cow :rofl:

Stroller

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 27, 2012
London
I do have vivid memories of digging a little hole away from the firefight in the 'designated' area, several hours after sundown.
I had a healthy supply of white gold to hand, a balmy breeze to caress the nether regions as I assumed the position, for a leisurely solving of a problem caused by several days of trail rations.
I was at peace with the world.

Then .....
....a bloody hyena whooped behind me.

I had the paperwork, finished, signed off and was on my way back to the fireside faster than Ussein Bolt could get out of the starting blocks.

So if any of you are ever constipated, try taking a dump in the dark around hyenas.

Tell that one to your cadets...... poor burgers will have to hold hands to take a whizzes. :)

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
In South Africa we had prowling leopards to contend with!

In parts of Wales it is the ARAFs and PERYGLs you need to be aware of, the ARAFs are the worst as they tend to be seen on the roads, whereas the PERYGLs seem to prefer power poles and Pylons as their lairs... ;-)

munkiboi182

Jan 28, 2012
taverham, thorpe marriott, norfolk
i remember watching this when i was a junior entrant soldier. it was the night before my 2 week final excersise in brecon beacons. i spent the next two weeks wishing i had live rounds instead of blanks and sleeping with a knife (in a sheath) in my hand. i got so paranoid whilst on stag one night, i even mistook a grunting hedgehog for a werewolf and let off a few rounds into the darkness. poor little bugger. i was lucky i didnt get charged for an ND but i pulled the trigger at the precise moment an enemy platoon opened fire on us and got away with it.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Can't think of a movie that's scared me, just doesn't do anything to me.
When i was a kid was all sat round the new vcr and watched champ, the whole family was balling their eyes out apart from me.

Books on the other hand :togo:
Had a few sleepless nights from good books over the years, i think it might be something to do with books activating my imagination more than films.

Illness and family health aside i there is not much that scares me THAT much that i can think of.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I still can't watch American werewolf in London when he falls over on the moors, but dog soldiers- On me phone, doing a solo during a full moon with a nice big rare steak on the go :)

Covered in dog food.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
In parts of Wales it is the ARAFs and PERYGLs you need to be aware of, the ARAFs are the worst as they tend to be seen on the roads, whereas the PERYGLs seem to prefer power poles and Pylons as their lairs... ;-)
PERYGLS are often to be found in old quarries and mines as well - in North Wales the old slate mines are well known for them.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Cadets? scared of camping in a forest?
When they grow up are they going to be Brownies?

Can see them doing well in Army selection...

Cam Lees

Jul 30, 2012
Suffolk
Was the CCF but yeah I was gobsmacked, never seen anything like it, was an epic film though ordered off ebay for a temner for when the lads are next round :cool:

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
When Blair witch project was first released a group of us watched it at a mates house before we spent the night camping in his back garden.
About 30 mins after the girls had gone to sleep we surrounded there tent and started banging like in the film.

Well the screams woke neighbors up in the next street, and 5 mins later we had loads of police at the door thinking there had been a "savage brawl".

One of the girls legged it from the tent in her undies and night dress.......about 100 miles an hour........straight out into the street..........and 5 miles to her house.!!!
She didnt come out of her room for 3 weeks and when she did she wouldnt speak to any of us for years!

I met her again a few years back in a pub and she told me it took her and the councilor 6 years to overcome her new fear of the dark and still to this day she will cross the road if she has to walk past any trees!!!!
As for camping, well its a definite no no lmao

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Saw blair witch when it came out, in the odeon at Docaster. the girl selling tickets told me not to bother it was rubbish, boy was she right, i walked our about a third of the way through.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE