Does anyone want?

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
I intercepted some Tufnol between workshop floor and skip. Our works throws out criminal quantities of the material so I've rescued some.

This one:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26432

is tufnol handled.

The bit I've got is 10mm thick and wobbles about between 110 and 130mm wide. About 370mm or four sets of scale blanks long. Anyone who would like some give me a postage address and dimensions and I'll get cutting.

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Ooooh, yes please mate :) - I don't think you need my addy ;) and there is no rush!

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
:Wow: Wasn't expecting that. Just came back to look for a link.

I'll get you all sorted as soon as I can.

Gwhtbushcraft, sorry, looks like you're out of luck this time. I'll put you on the top of the list when I next see some lying about.

Mr Dougster, sir. I didn't intend to make your beautiful knife less unique. Hope you take the interest in the material as flattering imitation! Working with the stuff regularly, I hadn't considered its aesthetics before. Again, a great piece of kit.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Thanks for your compliments.

Beautiful my knife ain't absolutely functional it is.

I can't remember why, but something went wrong with the handle which meant I need to take it off and re-allign in.

I drilled the bolt holes, boiled it off, sanded it and put it back on.

Top stuff this tufnol, I've popped it in the dishwasher......

Next time you have a little knocking around I'd love a little, and we must sort that walk out.....

Gwhtbushcraft

Settler
Nov 16, 2006
Warwickshire
let George have my bit Ben - anyway, I know where you live! ;) :lmao:
If you are sure you do not want some then i would love to take you up on that offer. The kindness of people on here never ceases to amaze me.:You_Rock_
All my knives so far have been in wood but would love to experiment with different materials.
George

Shing

Nomad
Jan 23, 2004
Derbyshire
Tufnol makes great knife handles and is one of my favourite materials because it so hardwearing. Don't forget to wear breathing protection when you work it, the dust is definitely not good for you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE