Does anyone have a Buffalo Lightweight Outer Sleeping Bag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm considering getting one for late spring through early autumn and wonder if anyone has one?

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/buffalo-lightweight-outer-sleeping-bag-82210003?id_colour=108

I'm asking because I can find very little detailed information on the bag, what the fabric inside is like, what they look like packed and anything else someone might be interested in before buying.

As far as Buffalo go, I'm very familiar and happy with the brand after buying a Superbag and custom 4S inner back in 2007 and more recently one of the bargain ebay parkas.

Cheers,
Joe.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have the thick pile inner and the pertex outer ones in OD green. I have used both, but not a tremendous amount.

If he doesn't see this thread, you might ask Andrew / Sandbender. He gave them to me and I believe that he used them when he did one of his marathon walks. Like 1,000 miles type walks :)

If it's of any help, I found that the pertex is comfortable in muggy summer nights on it's own, and the pile and pertex are surprisingly sound and comfortable before the weather turns really cold and wet. The pertex didn't sweat up. I'm cold trying to sleep but warm up once I've gone over.

cheers,
M

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Thanks Toddy, as mentioned, I have had a superbag and inner since 07 but its the warm stuff that kept Elle warm at -32C... It's the light weight summer bag I'm really curious about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE