Do you use the Zebra billy 2nd cup/pot for anything?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester
I havent yet found a good reason to carry the second cup/pot thingy of the Zebra billy. I suppose you could steam-poach an egg in it but thats about all I can think of.

Do you have a good use for it?

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Have a zebra billy tin but not had it long. I have however used a pretty much identical pan to cook a bannock in on the embers of a fire.

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
I have all the sizes of Zebras, I use two of them (12 and 16 I think) with Trangia stoves, all of them on gas or hexi and I use all of the inners as bowls to eat from - very useful for kids as they are almost indestructible, deep-sided and thick enough that they retain warmth of the food but aren't too hot to hold.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I use my 14cm one as a small bowl or to heat sauce while the pasta is boiling. I will try making bannock with it . Cheers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
I haven't got a zebra billy anymore as I prefer my s a t but I did use it for heating food while water boiled in the billy , beans while boiling water for you morning cuppa , I wouldn't drill holes in it as although good as a steamer we could render the water under in the billy spoiled.

May 25, 2012
UK
I've wondered if you could use it as a dutch oven. Heat it from below raised off the ground and putting embers in the top..?

Never tried it but its crossed my mind.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I've wondered if you could use it as a dutch oven. Heat it from below raised off the ground and putting embers in the top..?

Never tried it but its crossed my mind.

Now there's a thought :thumbup: you could roast a jacket tatty in one similar to how I did one in an empty bean can? I Might try this next meet. Cheers for the inspiration :cool:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I saw this from Dave Canterbury:

[video=youtube_share;g3cbFynVU-4]http://youtu.be/g3cbFynVU-4[/video]

This might work with the tray from a smaller Billy.

Excellent link. Cheers

"If you've never eaten burnt food....youve not been married " priceless

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Perfect dog drinking bowl.
However I taught the dog to drink from my hands so I could leave the bowl at home, which gives me space to safely put my fishing reel in my zebra pot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE