DIY winter top quilt

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Good Elth, pulling my bag off the classifieds for a go. It's only 450g fill so I'll be scrounging an old duvet or pillow from work. Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I have an old tesco double synthetic bag you could cut up if you wanted?
Cheers for that;) great offer but I've a few synthetic bags for use, fancied down for packsize Cheers

What thickness quilt are you making Chis?
Not sure how thick it will finish?
it's just an old down small pertex bag, but I reckon the fill is shot , so was going to beef it up with fill like you did. Infant I've an old mountain equipment jkt I could cut up and a north face one that's going mould lol.....

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I could possibly go as far as skinning an Anjulaik synthetic winter bag and doing it all from scratch as it's a longer/wider bag :thumbup:
Edit....
Before I start, I'll put my hammy up tomorrow an try my winter bag in it for getting in and out of , as the Anjulaik is cotton inner, so would add weight and bulk :eek:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Cheers for that;) great offer but I've a few synthetic bags for use, fancied down for packsize Cheers

Not sure how thick it will finish?
it's just an old down small pertex bag, but I reckon the fill is shot , so was going to beef it up with fill like you did. Infant I've an old mountain equipment jkt I could cut up and a north face one that's going mould lol.....

Gotcha. Hope you manage to salvage some decent down out of em :)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Might scrap cutting one of the coats up and see if the mildew washes out? It's in better Nick than I remembered. Could possibly sell towards a made one for swmbo ;);)
3yqyjehe.jpg

guzuvu5u.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE