DIY glove harness (retainer, idiot strings etc) for mountaineers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I'm trying (without much success) to keep weight down for a forthcoming trip so rather than carry a seperate harness for my gloves I've improvised by using some climbing kit that I will be carrying. Yes I know that I will no longer have my glove retainers if I have to use the slings but 'that's the gamble' as the great jim Bowen would say. Two possible solutions are shown below.

IMG_29523.JPG

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Hand knitted by some old school weirdos. Cost about £30 a square yard in the early 70s. We bought it off an insurance company in a flood sale. Once it dried out it returned to its original shape and size.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Why don't you just use a bit of decent quality ribbon or bias binding? .........Costs pennies, lasts forever and.....hang on.......Just weighed mine @ 10 g with the two (very) mini crabs...............

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
I just lobbed one together from thin 10mm webbing for my trip in a few weeks. Doesn't really weigh a lot. I like your thinking though mate. I like things to have more than one use.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I like what you've done there. I use the hestra hand cuffs for glove retainers, wouldn't go back to having strings up my sleeves and round my back.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE