DIY Fold Flat Reflector Oven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jiffy

Jun 28, 2008
Edinburgh
They look interesting and I can follow the instructions to build them. I just can't work out how they're used! Do you stick it beside a fire or shove some coals in it or what?

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Set down adjacent to the fire, the heat is reflected and circulates, cooking by radiant and convection heat.
character0076.gif

Jiffy

Jun 28, 2008
Edinburgh
helixpteron - Thanks! I'm looking for something I can use in a bothy. I'm going to give the pot inside a pot method a go.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
helixpteron - Thanks! I'm looking for something I can use in a bothy. I'm going to give the pot inside a pot method a go.

A guaranteed method of baking, ultralight style, would be the Outback Oven Ultralight, a smaller version of the standard 10" model, with which you use your existing pans.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/accessdetail.cfm/BP1800

There's even an excellent recipie book specifically written for the Outback Oven, and there are several good reviews on the 'Oven, after you've had an Outback Oven, you can't imagine camp cooking without it - neither can your travelling companions!
character0076.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE