DIY Fleece Bushshirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
In the process of making a Fleece(K2) Bushshirt to wear under my poncho,its thigh length with a wired peak hood,two zipped handwarmer pockets a map pocket on the chest and adjustable cuffs.The reason for fleece is that I wanted it to be lightweight,but if it comes out okay I hope to make one out of wool.All I have left to do are the pockets and cuffs.
Clayton

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You can't drop a thread like that on us and not show diagrams or photos :eek:

Seriously, diy kit is always worth having a looksee :D

cheers,
Toddy

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Graywolf said:
In the process of making a Fleece(K2) Bushshirt to wear under my poncho,its thigh length with a wired peak hood,two zipped handwarmer pockets a map pocket on the chest and adjustable cuffs.The reason for fleece is that I wanted it to be lightweight,but if it comes out okay I hope to make one out of wool.All I have left to do are the pockets and cuffs.
Clayton

Oh I would love to see that! Are you using a pattern or template? If so, would you mind showing it as well so I have an idea on how to make one :D

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Toddy said:
You can't drop a thread like that on us and not show diagrams or photos :eek:

Seriously, diy kit is always worth having a looksee :D

cheers,
Toddy
Too right. Now we know we all want to see!!! :p

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
yes i want to see lol, would love to do this but have to improve my sewing skills first maybe in a few years lol
leon

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Another call for photos here,
Since my newfound skill (ha ha) with a sewing machine, I was thinking of a woolen one from old army blankets, photos and any tips would help a lot.

ATB

Ogri the trog

xylaria

Ogri the trog said:
Another call for photos here,
Since my newfound skill (ha ha) with a sewing machine, I was thinking of a woolen one from old army blankets, photos and any tips would help a lot.

ATB

Ogri the trog
Without a photo I am thinking ITCHY ITCHY ICHTY. :D

Basic tip if you are not using a pattern is sew the hem on the sleeves and the hem on body seperate, iron the hems down. Then tack the sleeve to the body starting at the place in the armpit where the hems join up, before machine sewing. IMHO it is difficult to get the sleeves the right size and shape without a pattern if you have never made a shirt before.

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
The way I was taught to work on leather was to find an old button up shirt, take it apart at the seams, and use these as templates (adding about 3 centimetres on each side), I suppose that method would work...

The wool blanket idea was something I was thinking about as well :eek:

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Im on the computer at work as mine is down at the moment,but as soon as its repaired I will get some pictures up.And yes I used a old jacket as a template,this is what I learnt when I used to play being a Viking in reenactment and made my own kit.
Clayton

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE