Discount Ray Mears Hardbacks at 'The Works'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just a quick heads up - spotted some Ray Mears bargains at our local branch of 'The Works' discount book shop - they should have copies in most stores:

Wild Food
Ray Mears Goes Walkabout
Vanishing World - a life of Bushcraft

All in hardback - Priced at £3.99 each!! (originlly about £20.00)

Worth a look.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I just changed the thread title, although it was becoming the subject of discussion so maybe i should have left it :D

Thanks for the info.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I walked in my local branch yesterday and walked out 5 mins later having bought all three and the Wild Gormets book too.Well happy.:)

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
They obviously weren't selling that well.
Or maybe Ray had too many dollar signs in his eyes and printed too many...

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Thanks for the heads up,going down there tomorrow after work hope they haven't sold out.Been wanting the wild food book for a while now.And at that price you cant go wrong

East Coaster

Forager
Oct 21, 2008
Fife/Scotland
Only one they had left round here was vanishing world.

Had a scan through it, and to be honest it's not even worth £3.99 :(

On the other hand I got a copy of The Scottish Islands by Hamish Haswell-Smith for a fiver so walked out very well chuffed :D

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Am I right i thinking you are 'Morris Minor Man' (im 5hotel1tango with names), if so, see you at middlewood again, and much thanks for the heads up, now know which shop im off to tomorrow.

giz

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2007
devon
my branch in exeter has them as well i got two for my b day from my daughter
which made my day

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you for the heads up, I got two in Perth last week, :D

However I couldn't get the Wild Food one :(
Anybody in central Scotland likely to be in The Works in the next wee while? if you see a copy would you pick it up for me ? Happy to reimburse and hopefully I'll bump into you at one of the Meet ups. I'll even see there's tablet as a thank you :D

cheers,
M

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I know our local branch has them if you have probs getting one from someone closer to you - postage will probably kill any saving though, but the offer is there Mary! ;)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I picked up wildfood and vanishing world today. Bargain :)
Toddy there was loads round our way, but I suspect posting a tome that size to you would cancel out the bargain price!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'll have a try (Well I'll despatch HWMBLT to have a looksee:eek: :D ) in Glasgow for it, and if it's not available I might send one of those who can get it some money. If they hang onto it until I get down to a Meet up, the Moot, or maybe Wayland's Iron Age/ Viking village....... :cool:

cheers,
M

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I picked up "The Wild Gourmets" by Guy Grieve / Thomasina Miers for £3.99. Hadn't realized the first half is all about living in the wild with things like "The Good Sh*tter!" PLUS I got "Just One Pot" by Lindsey Bareham for £2.99, ideal for camp cooking as it uses one pot! (Just as it says on the cover!) You'd have to pre-prepare the ingredients but the recipes are excellent. Even SWMBO was impressed, I may have to rescue this from the cookbook cupboard:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE