Disastser has struck

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's amazing how well it can clean up.
It's a lot of work doing it properly but it's not all gloom and doom.
Get it hung up and airing out as quickly as you can and go from there.

cheers,
Toddy

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Holes in roofs seem to just be waiting for the weather to turn. Noticed a few in my gables which is nice.
Time to get cleaning :)

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
This is why I refuse to put my camping and bushcraft stuff in the shed or cellar. It always ends in tears. Mine usually because my Mrs keeps insisting that, that is wear they are going to end up.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I bartered for some of those brilliant huge great screw top dry food transport barrels, and I keep sleeping bags, tents, etc., in those. Airtight, waterproof and pretty much rodent safe too :D

I know that there were others from folks like Tengu available, even if they do smell a bit of mango chutney :)

cheers,
M

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
A little tip; Hibiscrub is a safe and very effective way of stopping and getting rid of most moulds and fungal infestations. It's Chlorhexadine, available in equine suppliers for less than a tenner for 500ml, mix it 50/50 with water and use a cheap mister/sprayer thingy to soak the stuff, leave for 20 - 30 mins then wash as normal.

This treatment has saved my bacon more than once with kit, leather and infested wood when I've let stuff get damp in the past.................Give it a try!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I go along similar lines as Toddy, all my gear in the outbuilding is in sealed plastic storage boxes and what wont fit in them is wrapped really well in rubble sacks,bin liners,and plastic suit protector slips.

TheWoodsman

Nov 1, 2013
Essex/Suffolk Border
A little tip; Hibiscrub is a safe and very effective way of stopping and getting rid of most moulds and fungal infestations. It's Chlorhexadine, available in equine suppliers for less than a tenner for 500ml, mix it 50/50 with water and use a cheap mister/sprayer thingy to soak the stuff, leave for 20 - 30 mins then wash as normal.

This treatment has saved my bacon more than once with kit, leather and infested wood when I've let stuff get damp in the past.................Give it a try!

Thats a handy tip i have some mould on my leather hat which i am rather un-happy about.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice tip there Macaroon :approve: I hate that foosty smell on the camp chairs and such like that are stored outside in a shed.
I'm going to give that a try on them :)

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE