disappearing text....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

longshot

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 16, 2006
Newfoundland, Canada
whenever there are pics in a post or thread the text seems to run off into the right hand margin, is there something i can change in the settings or something? the missing text makes it quite hard to understand what is being conveyed.

thanks
dean

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
This is a problem for a lot of people. The design of the forums is really geared towards people with big monitors and high screen resolutions. If you are viewing the forums at 1024 res or less and someone posts a pic over 650 pixels wide, the text scrolls off the page.

There are 2 solutions, first would be to dump the right hand adverts, which would be my favorite but is up to Tony obviously, the second would be for mods to delete pics posted that are over 650 pixels wide.

Alternatively, if your computer can cope, turn the screen resolution up to 1280 pixels.

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
Code-wise, it would be perfectly possible to allow the screen to be scrolled sideways in these situations (i.e. the site wouldn't force the adverts to be shown at the right hand side - they would be allowed to spill off).
But I can see why it's done in terms of making sure advertisers get value for money.
I guess the sensible thing to do is not post images wider than 650px as Martyn says.
If you use Flickr, linking to the 'medium' sized image would be fine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE