Different post offices mean different prices !

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Now this is a weird one, i have sold 3 fishing rods over the past month, these are always packed well and inside a strong plastic tube for protection, to tube is 3" diameter and 51" long

The first post office i went to, weighed the tube then measured it and told me it was too big for Royal Mail and had to go parcel force at a cost of £14 and 2 day delivery, money paid but rod took 3 days to arrive.

The second post office in a small rural village, same size tube etc, £8 first class RM or £11 tracked and signed for before 13:30 the next day, money paid, rod posted and arrived as promised, saved a couple of quid and it got there quicker.

For the 3rd rod in the same sized tube i went back to the village post office, there was a different girl behind the counter, handed over the tube and asked for first class, she then proceeded to try the tube in the letter / parcel gauge they have, it went through length ways, then weighed it (.998Kg) and declared..........it's a small parcel so first class is £3 i'm afraid !............to say i was suprised is an understatement but thought what the hell, give it a go, 3 quid paid, rod posted and arrived safe and sound at it's destination the next day !!!!

just slightly confused but happy with the prices and delivery times :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Anything at all I've had to do with the P.O. is a mystery to me; I can't make head nor tail of 'em..................I now wait and let people go in front of me to be served (?) by the one guy at our local office who seems to possess a modicum of sense, and even he is not consistent......................and it's getting worse by the day!...........................atb mac

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i'm chuffed with the last price :)

3 quid to post a fishing rod first class from Northern Ireland to England and it arrives the next day :) you couldn't beat it with a big stick :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE