" Did You Know ? "

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I had to moderate myself Toddy. Redact my opinion.

Eh?
I may have done myself a dis-service.
I wonder if you (and maybe others) read it in a different tone of voice in which I 'said' it?
In hindsight, I can see how it might come across in a poor way, but I assure you all (and especially Scottie) that it when I wrote it that it was being said in a friendly, jokey, manner - such as you use when talking in the pub.
My absolute apologies if it didn't come across like that - the fault is all mine.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Eh?
I may have done myself a dis-service.
I wonder if you (and maybe others) read it in a different tone of voice in which I 'said' it?
In hindsight, I can see how it might come across in a poor way, but I assure you all (and especially Scottie) that it when I wrote it that it was being said in a friendly, jokey, manner - such as you use when talking in the pub.
My absolute apologies if it didn't come across like that - the fault is all mine.

I always try to insert a smiley if I'm joking; my typing can often come across more 'terse' than intended!

Reactions: TeeDee

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
@Wander it's all good :)

Someone pointed it out on a typewriter to me, I responded with "hah, yeh alright" until he convinced me to look and I thought it's a fun little bit of pub quiz trivia..

Reactions: Toddy

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
Viscount Ferdinand de Lesseps, a Frenchman had an idea...

a man a plan a canal panama

If you write that in reverse and alter the letter spacing...:biggrin:

And...seen this very afternoon in Emporium De Tesco..
Plastic Sporks at £1.50p..they are labelled 'Eating devices'...:roflmao:..:roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

knowledge=gain

Sent off- not allowed to play
Jun 25, 2022
england
did you know the words on the monarchs shield have a curse and are written on a garter and are in french whereby some of ye words are obscured to hide from ordinary folk

Honi soit qui mal y pense (Middle French for ['Shame on him who thinks evil of it']

ye criteria be "at he majesty's pleasure" and is part of the order of the garter and leads to ye order of the thistle and many others that are all masonic in relation for each other

ye other wording

Dieu et mon droit (French pronunciation: [djø e mɔ̃ dʁwa], Old French: Deu et mon droit), meaning "God and my right"

who's god and who's right...??

as we all know there be hundreds if not thousands of gods through ye centuries such-as god of wardrobes gods of doors and many many more even satan and other evil entities have been and are classified as gods

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE