DG's Hunter Class

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greenpete

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2004
Oxfordshire
www.greenpete.co.uk
Hi to all that went to the event was great to see you all.
Sorry I couldn't make the whole weekend Dave but it was great to see you and Feathers, as well as all the other peeps on the course!
Everyone seemed to love it loads!
I wish that kind of friendly gathering could be a daily event!
The venue is a lovely place too and it is wonderful to be able to spend time there.
The highlight for me was the bamboo bows! I can't wait to get down the garden center and buy some bow stock and get making! Cheers Chris.
What says the rest of yuz?
Greenpete :wave:

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Great weekend. Many thanks to everyone for making it so, Especially Dave and Feathers for their hard work in organising it all.
I really enjoyed the Archery. I could get into it. I can see it's addictive.
Thanks one and all. :You_Rock_

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
A good weekend was had by all. Thanks to everyone that was there, you made it something special. I can now put more names to faces and made some great new friends. I hope to catch up with you all again sometime :biggthump

:)
Ed

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Tony, you missed a really good weekend.

Good location
Good food (the Hare :biggthump what can I say)
Great people with an excellent knowledge base. I was saying to someone yesterday there wasn't one person I wouldn't liked to have spent more time with.

Well done Dave and Feathers. :You_Rock_

heers

Mark

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Yeah, fantastic weekend. It would have been cool to have had longer.

Hail to the chefs!! :notworthy:

I think that in the end everyone was glad that Mark didn't pull a deer out of the hat on the last day... :rolmao: As it was there were hare leftovers :)

Hats off to the put-up and take-down crew who set everything up...5 Star, centrally heated dining room and everything :eek:):

Hope everyone got home safely. Clearly Stuart managed to get Ed back in one piece! :shock: :eek:):

Rich, Thanks for waiting and guiding me to the M40, much appreciated :)

Dave and Alex :You_Rock_ I really loved that walk to check for badger tracks

As for everyone who didn't manage to come :nana: you have another chance next year when it is sure to be even better!

Oct 11, 2004
Canterbury
What an awesome weekend!

I'm absolutely shattered today but it was all well worth it. Cheers to everyone that attended, especially Dave and Feathers for organising it all and to Mark for all the fantastic food. I feel that I have made many new friends this weekend and hope to see you all again soon.

Need some rest now otherwise I might go into a Korma!

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Hi wookie good to see you found the forum

still dieing slowly and painfully from my cold, but it was well worth going

Feathers your a great cook :You_Rock_

Buckshot well done providing all the food (2 pheasant, 2 ducks, 2 pigeon, 1 rabbit and 7 hares !!!!! :shock: )

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Stuart said:
Buckshot well done providing all the food (2 pheasant, 2 ducks, 2 pigeon, 1 rabbit and 7 hares !!!!! :shock: )

And don't forget SWMBO - opps sorry Kath, Lady buckshot's Blackberry and apple crumble... :biggthump

Cheers

Mark

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
Well done Wookie, you made it to the forum :wink:

Once again, DG and Feathers have put on an excellent event. I think that all that attended, including those sharing skills, will remember the weekend for a long time to come. :You_Rock_

Good to see some of you there :wave: and I hope that nobody has become addicted to anything that will run out of control :)

Mel

Nov 13, 2003
West Sussex
www.wilderness121.co.uk
A great week end indeed, I didn't want to come away.

Particular thanks from me to everyone who helped me learn how to deal with the dead things and I'm really looking froward to trying a bamboo bow.

Hope you feel better soon Stuart.

Mel

DG

Dec 31, 2003
www.wildernessliving.co.uk
Hi All
Wow that was quite a weekend!
Big thanx from Me and Feathers to: Mel and Rob for the best archery set-up I've every tried, Ed and Stuart for making traps brilliantly simple, Chris for turning gardening bamboo poles into 50lbs hunting bows (that still amazes me), Rik for sharing his knowledge of fishing and casually saying "Here's a crayfish pot I just made while sitting in the car", Buckshot was brilliant I can't put into words how fantastic it was to have him as part of the team. To all who came, thank you for making it one of the best camps that I've ever been part of. I certainly left feeling enriched by the whole experience and ever so slightly amazed at just how good it was!

See you all in the woods soon
DG

M

mayhem

Hi all I have made it on to the forum still in one piece had a fantastic time with a bunch of really wonderful characters and that defiantly includes you wookie and your anticks.
I left Dave yesterday after finishing the pack up feeling very positive about the road ahead for Bushcraft and I would like to thank everyone for sharing there skills to keep this dream alive.
Cheers
Mayhem(Mark)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Hi Mayhem, glad you found us.

I think that might be a better name for Wookie though :eek:):

Feathers knawing on his bone is an image I wont forget for a while. :rolmao:

Cheers

Mark

M

mayhem

Yes I agree Wookie could take that name and make it very proud.
Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE