desert boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If hey are the Hi Tec version,they are vey comfortable. I wore them at Delamere, and I think Firebreather was wearing the black version. They are like wearing slippers and you can creep along silently as you can feel the ground. Mine are pretty much my favourite outdoors footwear, but they are a bit discoloured at the moment from a rabbit that decided to bleed on them!

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I'm with Spam on this one. I think the Hi-Tec desert boot is called the 'Amazon' which is basically the Hi-Tec Magnum standard in suede and cordura. They are very comfortable and lightweight and hard wearing.

If they are the old style issue ones avoid like the plague, they are like the old DMS boot but made out of suede and i used them for a short while in the Middle East where they proved to be as uncomfortable as a pair of Barbed Wire underpants!:eek: Very hard and unforgiving, blisters and sweat everywehere! I managed to get hold of some Yank ones and never looked back............until my next visit when i was issued the Hi-Tec's, Top Job!

There is a new type issued now but i've not worn them yet or had any reports about them so i don't know, but the Hi-Tec's are bob on!:p

boots12

Tenderfoot
Jan 29, 2006
West Yorkshire
Hi-tec yes, any of the old type NO,used the old type and the only good thing to say was easy to clean as all you had to do was drag your feet through a pile of sand, i had a second different make of boots, to give my feet a chance to recover, but still lost all of the hard skin from my feet making them SORE, i even told my mates to take a second pair, but the young know it all:)

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
My £9 desert boots are now more hole than sole, meaning wet socks in the desert conditions of the streets of Aberdeen in "summer".
With what should I replace them ? I know that there'll be folk out there wearing dessies professionally: what are your recommendations ?

(they will also get used in conditions that are dry, sandy and foreign)

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Hmmm....

Having worn a pair of the Hi-Tech deserts for 4-or-so months earlier this year in the Middle East, I would agree that they are probably the most comfortable desert boots around; however...

...the sole is too thin. You can feel the ground beneath them and in rocky conditions it can be quite uncomfortable. If you are happy with this limitation, they're great. UK started issuing the Mendl Desert Fox to the Royal Marines in about March and I very nearly managed to get a pair (damn my foot size!). The sole is much more substantial and they have had good reports.

Alas...:(

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
I have a pair of the American issue ones with a steel toe cap and vibram sole. Bellvue i think great boots, just like slippers but with a steel toe:D
Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE