Delivery time from USA?

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Hi I ordered a axe from across the pond about 3 weeks ago and iv still not received it, I contacted the chap and he posted using ups with a estimated delivery of 10 working days but he hasn't a tracking number, was wondering if any one has had similar problems or can shed some light like could it be held up In customs and is there anything I need to do, he ses try to be patient!
thanks vizsla

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Only if the sender opted for sign on delivery.

No different to our Royal Mail system you choose which option to go for.

Not sure how they do with international shipping but my orders have a tracking number on all packages; signed for or not.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Interesting as i ordered some ti pegs from lawson outdoor equipment over a month ago and he said he's had no end of problems getting his international parcels to arrive. he has now sent new pegs. perhaps usps have a problem. Not all usps is trackable as stated earlier.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Interesting as i ordered some ti pegs from lawson outdoor equipment over a month ago and he said he's had no end of problems getting his international parcels to arrive. he has now sent new pegs. perhaps usps have a problem. Not all usps is trackable as stated earlier.

Not saying ALL of them are. Just that all of mine have been for the last three or four years. None of them have required signature for delivery. If they fit in the mail-box, they were left there. If not, I got a notice to come pick it up (still without signature)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I once had 2 Amazon orders from the states sent at the same time.

One got here in 6 days, the other took 4 weeks.

widu13

Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Dealing with International orders every day at work I can tell you that any parcel that is sent unsigned is an absolute nightmare. Usually it goes by such a circuitous route and through so many handlers that don't need to account for it, that anything half interesting goes missing. Objectively I would say the "loss" rate is probably about 1 in 4 parcels that we send via this method, and the good old Royal Mail being what it is means that businesses cannot claim ANYTHING for parcels that are not sent tracked.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Dealing with International orders every day at work I can tell you that any parcel that is sent unsigned is an absolute nightmare. Usually it goes by such a circuitous route and through so many handlers that don't need to account for it, that anything half interesting goes missing. Objectively I would say the "loss" rate is probably about 1 in 4 parcels that we send via this method, and the good old Royal Mail being what it is means that businesses cannot claim ANYTHING for parcels that are not sent tracked.

TBH the tracking I've been able to do with the numbers assigned to USPS parcels haven't had lots of detail. just basic info like:
-Recieved at Phoenix, Az processing center at 13:30 on 9 May 2013
-Dispactched from Phoenix, Az processing center at 00:00 on 10 May 20013
-Recieved at Pensacola, Fl processing center at 14:30 on 10 May 2013
-Disapatched form Pensacola, Fl processing center at 00:35 on 11 May 2013
-Recieved at Crestview, Fl processing center at 06:40 on 11 May 2013
-Sent out for delivery from Crestview, Fl processing center at 08:00 on 11 May 2013
-Delivered at 14:47 on 11 May 2013

Usually not that prompt but you get the idea. No real details

Last edited:

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Sounds like it should be interesting then, just hope it turns up, can't believe the plonker didn't send it recorded I thought that was a given when shipping something quite expensive abroad especially when I paid as much as he asked for shipping, thanks for all the help. Fingers crossed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE