Deepfreezer for car???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi Guys
I have a question concerning transport of fish or hunted meat.
Do you know if there exist a deep freezer for a volvo combi? I would like to connect the deep freezer to my car and go for an extended hunting and fishing trip. I am hunting and fishing mostly for food and not so much as a sport event therefore I don't like to drive 2 hours to get a fish and drive back two hours. My plan is do hunting and fishing in blocks of 10 days and gather the fish and meat in my freezer in my car before going home. I have a chance to do some net fishing in Finland and would like to transport my fish back to sweden, therefore the question about a freezer.

thanks for any help
cheers
Abbe

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
In South Africa we use something like that. It run on its own battery, or you can plug it into the cig thing in the car. I think that I have seen an advertisment for something similar in one of the Norwegian outdoor / hunting magazines.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Tvividr said:
In South Africa we use something like that. It run on its own battery, or you can plug it into the cig thing in the car. I think that I have seen an advertisment for something similar in one of the Norwegian outdoor / hunting magazines.

cool, didn't know that it exist.

thanks mate
Abbe

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I have a cig lighter powered cool box but I've only ever seen fridges not deep freezes. I don't even remember a freezer in campervans and they are designed with seperate batteries for running the extra stuff (unlike a car).

Bill

steve a

Settler
Oct 2, 2003
south bedfordshire
You can get freezers that run off the car, the better ones are also multi fuel so you can run off gas at well, at the Billing Landrover show there was about 6 companies selling them.
Something like this
http://www.everythingsuv.com/engel-esuv.asp
They are not cheap, I've seen them upto about £600 for a stainless steel one, try some of the safari/ landrover equipment sites.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
you could always consider one of the self powered diesel air conditioning units

as used on the big trucks , these units are usually stuck onto the front of the insulated containers

yeah noisy and too big but they must be able to produce smaller versions

i guess one of the portable 12 freezers would have a hard time freezing a full load of fresh fish, being more designed to keep frozen food frozen

hope that helps

Tant

Edi_M

The logicold minus 40 fridge/freezer unit is the one most often found at the landrover shows. We use one on our stands too, though they are extremely heavy, and rather expensive. They can run on mains or 12v, so a reasonably powerful generator will work just as well as the car battery. Footloose 4x4, run by a cuy called Paul Marsh, sell them.

Saying that, though, I seem to remember when we were in sweden last winter we could put stuff in the fridge to defrost!!! :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE