Whiting on the Tyne? ( st peters basin)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
E

edwred

Hi, I have a 10ft spinning rod that casts 10-60g. I want to fish somewhere close to home that still holds fish I can eat. I have seen people cod and whiting fishing in the Tyne. I want to fish around st peters basin, the marina. Would a small running leger rig and size 1 hook baited with fladen Vermz and Berkley gulp herring cutbait suffice for whiting fishing?
Cheers in advance

E

edwred

Fishings allowed I'm more concerned about whether whiting will eat imitation baits ( fladen Vermz) and whether they'll be keeper size or not. It's a tidal river

Sent from my Nokia 4.2 using Tapatalk

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
Hi, I have a 10ft spinning rod that casts 10-60g. I want to fish somewhere close to home that still holds fish I can eat. I have seen people cod and whiting fishing in the Tyne. I want to fish around st peters basin, the marina. Would a small running leger rig and size 1 hook baited with fladen Vermz and Berkley gulp herring cutbait suffice for whiting fishing?
Cheers in advance
Use squid from the fishmongers they sell loads baby ones in frozen boxes for £5 they usually keep them in the bk so ask for them.

Reactions: edwred

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
Fishings allowed I'm more concerned about whether whiting will eat imitation baits ( fladen Vermz) and whether they'll be keeper size or not. It's a tidal river

Sent from my Nokia 4.2 using Tapatalk
I doubt it real bait is best off your concerned about mess n smell look up dehydrated sea baits online and soaking oils.

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
Cheers in advance
Youl do better with a fixed lead not a running one the tide moves the rig around somewhat anyway so the fish don't care about feeling weight on the line.