Deathfall

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

Tribaljamin

bent-stick said:
Mousetraps are illegal in Holland so I'd expect these to be.

I lived there for a couple of years and 'smuggled' some breakback traps in.

The last straw was when the the critters started cr*pping in my cornflakes...

...and I only noticed when I'd finished eating them (the cornflakes, not the mice).

Well clarified!

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
bent-stick said:
Mousetraps are illegal in Holland so I'd expect these to be.

I lived there for a couple of years and 'smuggled' some breakback traps in.

The last straw was when the the critters started cr*pping in my cornflakes...

...and I only noticed when I'd finished eating them (the cornflakes, not the mice).

:rolleyes:
You mean these?

potd-20031107.jpg

They're as legal as can be - even overhere mice are vermin. They're available in every gardencenter you come across, some supermarkets, petshops :rolleyes: etc.
Never been illegal - although there are some people from Animal Rights, etc. who are against this method ... But that's another discussion.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
dont have enough time to explain this one fully at the moment, but here is a picture of a large deadfall. the details for its construction are explained in "camplife in the woods and the tricks of trapping and trap making" which can be download on the BCUK downloads page: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/content/articles.php?action=show&showarticle=196

deadfall.jpeg

constructed by C Claycomb and myself as a demonstration at last years bushmoot Ranger bob is the guy in the hat

Mtz2012

Dec 19, 2012
Pa
Is that a deadfall or deathfall?

Never heard of a deathfall, if someone could explain that to me as well. :confused:

A deadfall is a trap that can be used to trap/kill any sized prey.

A baited trigger sets off a large heavy lump (usually a tree branch/log) that will crush the prey. Obviously the biiger the animal you are going for the heavier the "deadfall" neads to be!

the technical name is much less important when put into a survival situation.. just something to think about

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Maybe so, but when one does a "search" online for such information, using the correct terminology is more likely to bring up useful results.
Besides, English isn't Michiel's first language, though he is very proficient with it :)

cheers,
Toddy

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Talking of deadfall traps, nice bit of Threadcromancy :yikes: :rofl:

Maybe so, but when one does a "search" online for such information, using the correct terminology is more likely to bring up useful results.
Besides, English isn't Michiel's first language, though he is very proficient with it :)

cheers,
Toddy

EDIT: For some reason Mtz2012's bumpage failed to show and the thread went straight from Stuart's post to Mary :dunno:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE