DD Tarp Problems

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Glen said:
Not tried one of these ( so can't vouch for it personally only discovered it this morning in fact ) but it says it comes with a 10 year warenty which sugests they have some faith in it. 3m X3m

http://www.usmcpro.com/usmcgb/produ...6D&PHPSESSID=3d150c278315121f004731739acc90b7
It looks suspiciously like the two I bought a couple of years ago, both have recently split on me.
The ones I bought aren't 3x3 but the material looks similar to photo, they both split in exactly the same place were stiching has weakened the material. First one I thought I may have been a bit hamfisted, the second one I was definitely being careful.
Not definitely the same but for a little bit more than the price on that link you could get a tatonka or similar.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Tent does have a seat, its called earth
Sorry, just not as comfy.

Tent is comfy, use a thermarest or whatever
Only needed in the hammock outside summer months.

Tent does have a view, leave the door open
Not 360 like a hammock.

Tent needs pegs, use stones, flat is nice, some slope is OK, how do you pitch your hammock/tarp without trees?
Rocks. Plenty of trees and rocks up here in scotchland.

I read in amazement how some of you guys carry a tarp, hammock, underblanket, sleeping bag (and sometimes a thermarest as well), bloody hell, thats a lot of weight to cart around chaps ;)
I don't use an underblanket. A tarp and hammock is light and smaller compared to a tent. I would be taking my thermarest and sleeping bag for tent anyway.

Don't feel under any pressure to change to a hammock :rolleyes:

Nick

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE