Dartmoor 4 " Return Of Te Wood Smoke "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Cool :)

There's nothing like working for your grub.... I made a fruit crumble a few weeks ago with hand picked apples (me and daughter) and self made summer jam, elderberry and brambles.

It was most stonking indeedy!

Thats me off now until monday, so I'm doing a local solo tomorrow to get me in the mood. Bit of carving around a campfire and then a bottle of plonk, or two!

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Not a bad life then TBL!

Anyone playing with axes or knives at the weekend want to create a sculpture or practical item for the children? Shame to waste all that whittle power when TBL has sharpened everything to a mirror finish.

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Love the idea - giant things would be great, plus toadstools, rough old chairs from logs etc. and even just sculpture that looks like nothing in particular, that just has a nice look or feel to it or shows off the grain of the wood well. Burnt work of some type.....the list goes on, but the deal is if you make something your photo and name goes back to the children to display - so that they know who made it for them.

Up early to pack before work and will be in the woods by very late tonight after going to a shelterbox fund raising talk I promised to attend.

Will help to keep the fires burning for you guys, to guide you home to the woods!

Looking forward to seeing old friends and finding new friends.

Lucy

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
Well, what an awesome weekend. Great host, great location, great food, great company and plenty of drink to keep it all lubricated.

Looking forward to the winter meet already! All that's left to say is the weekend really "finished me off"!

PS. Cos I'm rubbish I didn't take any pics but looking forward to see ones from people that did.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
what Paul said in a nutshell, but again another triumphant successful meet at Ivans a great crowd and some new faces all having a great time. A VERY BIG thank you again to Big Al for the cooking you my friend ROCK. To Alastair for the pork and Paul fir the chicken And to everyone else who bought grub Dave, Mandy, Lucy. Great weather with great company lovely to see Joel and Chris, Paul and Igor, Paul and Talia, Adam who abstained from the absinthe were as Lucy decided to take his place, hope the heart is still beating lol also for Daren and his collection of scary sharps and to the big man, Ivan along with Katy who is a top Top host, just so sad it was only for a day but next meet SWMBO has been suitably chastised and has now agreed for a whole weekend for next meet, knew the beating would work lol only joking mr administrator
Looking forward to the next one and on Christmas day and to end with the catchphrases ...finish me off Richard dreyfuss lol

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Brilliant weekend. Thanks to Ivan and TBL especially, but also big thanks to everyone who helped me with my coursework by very generously demonstrating bushcraft techniques, and lending me, and giving me, kit - too many to mention here, but I will never forget how important that help has been in getting me to the finish of my course. Also a huge thanks for those who brought food and drink to share - What a fantastic group of kind-hearted, helpful people - where else would you meet so much generosity and sharing?

I feel well fed and rested, I'm overloaded with new knowledge, and my ribs hurt from laughing. Missing all you guys (and three gals) so much already - sign me up for the next one please Ivan, (and please feel free to add the patio and conservatory before my return!)

Have to work out the whole adding pics thing now, but have had a quick look and there are some good ones that I will post. If anyone has any pics for my coursework, please PM me.

Many thanks again everyone for making the weekend so special.

Lucy

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
It was a pleasure seeing all the familiar and new faces, tasting Al's cooking, Lucy's sausages and Ivan's wit, seeing Adams new knife, getting a chance to see Badger the wood slayer in action (an epic battle worthy of the sagas) and all the filthy jokes around the fire. I hope to see you all again soon, and thanks to Al's suggestions, bring some new sharps for people to fondle. Dave, heres the link for those mini glow sticks, although they are out of stock at the moment [URL="http://www.heinnie.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=635&P_ID=4236&strPageHistory=search&numSearchStartRecord=1]Here[/URL]

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
guys i will post pics tomorrow we hit 2 traffic jams didn't get home till past 10 regards dave

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
No stars over my bed when I went to sleep last night, no cosy wood, fern and grass shelter, no owl hooting, no distant chatter and laughter by the fire to listen to as I nod off contentedly with a belly full of Al's food. No fire to sit beside when I rise after watching the dawn come up, and no cold plunge to refresh me; and now no plans for a day of messing around with bits of cord, wood and sharp tools with my friends. What kind of a life do you call this?

Will have to email my photos to someone else to post if that is okay.

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Big big thanks once again to Ivan for another brilliant weekend. Thanks also for arranging the awesome weather although maybe not quite so hot next time please. Everyone played their part in making the meet a memorable one. Looking forward already to the next one. Will post some pics eventually.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Here are a few of the pictures I took:
The view from my campsite in the morning
20111002_091411.jpg

Breakfast
20111002_101145.jpg

Poopers (?) Hill, a stop on the Saturday walk.
20111001_124734.jpg

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well hello campers, just got back ! stinking like an old bonfire, but suitably content , you know me there will be several posts as the memories come flooding back , once again thanks to a very special group of people ,sorry friends , some old some new , what a weekend ! sorry about the inclement weather , but you can't have it all.

Firstly thanks to Andy Bruce for Lucys bedroom and helping to prepare a part of the wood that had , had a few months rest .
Also while i remember the documemtary film i took of the fantastic walk , most of it was filmed with the lens cap on !What a wally !still some is salvageable Adam will load in due course .
And breathe...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Some of you are more than aware , of complications in Ivan world , so thankyou for your support and friendship.
Thankyou Katie for being my very special girl ! you and Talia , behaved more like responsible bushcrafters , than some of the grown ups, and i have learn't some new swear words ! Not sure where my new pack is ? any ideas Katie ?

Talking of kit TBL i have your flask , sorry its now empty !
TBC

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thankyou Alistair for the superb piece of pork, and big Al for the marinade, 6 hours smoking , and last couple in the hangi , a triumph! also to Paul for very quietly filling , our guts with your array of chicken, during the wait , top show sir .
We really do eat like lords ! Dave53 for bacon and the biggest piece of black pudding i have ever seen!and what a pleasant surprise this morning to discover Paul Webster's haul , very much appreciated, .
Lucy for all those delicious organic lager fed sausages, yummy.
And Adam for the dessert ! hand picked blackberry, haw, crabapple and elderberry jus ! It was just the sound insulation, sorry damper bread you crafted , will ensure that i will save at least a couple of quid on toilet roll over the next few days ! (only joking pal , top effort )

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Although i was in and out over the weekend due to work and missed the night time activities, had a great time as usual :D

The weather really really made this weekend a good one combined with good company to top it off, it couldn't go wrong :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE