Dartmoor 4 " Return Of Te Wood Smoke "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
On a more serious note. I am underway with the sharps...

Top secret blurry phone pic...

130920111043.jpg

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Just in case Al gets bored, I could bring the small axe that I once used to keep sharp but someone abused horribly when they borrowed it. Enough work for the weekend in itself - but problem would be no time for Al to cook, so maybe a bad idea to bring it!!

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Holy hand granades with all Kard133 sharps and Adams and Als and possible mine as well there ain't gonna be a tree or bush or fluffy bunny safe all weekend guess Ivan will have plenty of wood and food for his woodland stay

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Oh enough is enough no more from me now
Changing subject a little a great friend has recently made me a birch bark hip flask and it's great will be bringing it down to the meet to show off and of course it will be holding the very last remnants of absinthe which I know Adam has declined but I know Al said he wanted a try, and Al I have spoken to Longstrider and strop and smurf poo arrived would you do me a favour and give me a helping hand on knife sharpening, would be most appreciated

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
What do you reckon the chances are of me managing to make fire by friction by the end of the next meet, and getting the kit together? They are longing to see it at work, and I have the chance at a new job that it would be really useful for (together with anything bushcraft/outdoor environment learning orientated) - more on that when we all next meet - the dream job for me if it comes off.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Sure can do buddy. Never a problem or chore! :)

I'll be doing a bit of sharpening here and there so I'll take a look-see at that axe Lucy. I will be packing a file with the kit, so I would need to see how far gone it is..!

Collected plenty of hazel spindles yesterday, have several hearths drying on the side and a load of Jute/dry tinder. Its all going in a drybag when ready so its just a case of when. I can do one on one with the bowdrill, but it would be limited to just a few this time, due to cooking, sharpening, recovering ect!

Just play it by ear and see what happens on the weekend.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE