Dartmoor 4 " Return Of Te Wood Smoke "...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
Fair enough then that will be done bags and bags of marshmallows and what type of wine are we looking fir 2 red and 2 White and anyone got a preference to what wines as I wouldn't have a clue about wine

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
hiya all, a few things if i may?

Mandi says, "was anyone able to give me a lift please? and do you want a stew (idea of for how many too)"

i says, what do you want from me towards group meal/other things?

TBL, i only have a little one, but if you have time, as you have the skill, can you buff it for me please?

finally, i would like to point out, you dont make a labourer into a tradesman by giving him a big tool, he needs the skill to go with it

have i missed anything?

Last edited:

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
LoL! I can buff it until you can see your face; if thats what you so-desire :)

Skill is personally one thing I quest to learn! Lifes a learning curve, from start to finish.

Mandi, as in Fox? There are several options for her, depending one who she wants picking her up lol. I can do it if she wants, as I know which road I can drive down now :)

I think you have missed something, but the trouble is, I missed it too, so no idea what it is...;)

LRforestschool

Forager
Jun 27, 2011
West Devon
Fair enough then that will be done bags and bags of marshmallows and what type of wine are we looking fir 2 red and 2 White and anyone got a preference to what wines as I wouldn't have a clue about wine

For white wine I would suggest that a Sauvignon Blanc is a good middle of the road on taste in terms of being dry and crisp but not TOO dry or harsh. Could be a general crowd pleaser. maybe New Zealand? But tastes vary so much between people - maybe a sweeter wine would suit some and hell I will drink anything at all, so aim for the most popular choice that emerges from chats here! Either way I will eventually fall out of the hammock!

I know nothing about red - but will drink that too!

I will bring a bottle as well.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
With wines I follow a simple rule....

Stand in the red section, find and expensive one, mumble 'wooo-hoo' because its half price, repeat in the white section. job done!

Never failed me yet, and saved many pennies :)

Red- Hardy's anything, White, Hardy's anything.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
okies, FoxiMandi aka BrandiMandi has some lift options i see :) thansk will let her know, though apparently she should be back to full net access within a few days

*** is all this talk about wine? the woods are no place for wine, thats for those posh winebar places for those called Timothy and Cassandra

me man, me drink lager and tequila ;)

(ok ok, i have a glass of white right now, but thats purely medicinal you understand, or "research" as i like to call it)

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
thanks for the matchmaking but i am a happily married man to a person of the female persuasion :p

message from the facebook side..... Mandi is sorted for a lift and thanks to the offers. TBL, allegedly you have promised to teach the mystical art of firelighting and are being held to that

note to self, buy shed and cork

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Hahaha! (with regards- note to self!)

Yup, bowdrill and tinderkit will be packed :) Along with anti-laughing pills and paracetamol.

The last one was the funniest meet I've been to. Ivans a star at the one liners!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
personally, i dont want any oak in my wine, just grape juice and alcohol

no cork either thats why i always buy the high quality stuff that conmes with a screw top

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Westons do a cracking organic single press, still vintage cider... Its very, very good.

2vje8no.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE