Dark Age Meet 4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
definately interested gary, i'll check with the boss and see what the calender and piggy bank have to say, but all being well i'll make it along to this

stuart

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I'd love to come along with the missus & little girl, but unfortunately don't have the "Dark Ages" garb. Maybe next year...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I could offer you a stop over in Oldham John.
Thanks for the offer but it is a case of "time away from home x cost of fuel x lack of income = not a hope" :(
May-be some time in the future I can go back in to the past as a present to myself....

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
It sounds like something I would enjoy but I've never done anything like it before and I don't have Dark Age clothes or any expertise on the period beyond a general interest in it. How authentic does the clothing have to be?

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Thanks Wayland, very kind of you. I'll have a look around, see what I can find. Are there any good sellers out there or forums where people trade this kind of clothing?

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Before you go forking out I would give it a try first.

Most of the stuff is simple to make unless you want high status kit but if you borrow some kit on your first visit you can have a look at the construction then.

The only things I'm short of are shoes and trousers but plain boots are OK for this event and simple, non denim trousers without thigh pockets or bright stitching usually blend in fairly well.

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Can I put my name down as a possible? I'll definitely make it for an afternoon as I did last year, but I'll not be able to say if I can stay until closer to the date.

Al

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Thinking about it, I've got one or two things that would probably do for period kit as long as no one looked too closely. But, having checked the dates I find I'm committed to something on May 7 so can't come. I'll keep an eye open for the next one.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
The public will possibly be on site but it is not billed as a living history event.

Providing we are up front and do not claim to be "authentic" we have a little leeway but we should still try to maintain the "look" as well as we can.

For these events we are "bushcrafters" living on the village and learning older skills.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE