Daniel Boone challenge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Pics or it never happened

What... like this one Sam?

71c098b8-3fe7-49fe-9554-0c5830bc348e_zps7d171358.jpg

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I think I might be up for this chaps too!!!

Anyone reccomend a decent cheap bed roll? I would assume that it would prob be cheaper than a couple of 100% wool blankets!!

Great idea Mr Tanith

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Myself, Squidders, Tenbears and a few others organised an 1800's camp a few years ago....very similar to this challenge. Only rule was nothing allowed that wasn't available in the 1800's.....very interesting weekend....we found the main problem was water and purifying it....it took soooooo long and we ended up drinking lots of tea and coffee rather than waiting for the water to cool....or just drank ale or wine.

Leather boots not cordura, flint and steel not ferro rod, canvas tarp not nylon, copper pans not stainless, metal or porcelain water bottles with corks, food taken but only food available at the time and nothing wrapped in plastic obviously, no fags but pipes were ok etc etc etc.

Was a really good weekend and very interesting to do.

Good luck everyone :)

bambodoggy

Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I don't think so....it was a few years ago. I've got some photos somewhere (camera was the one exception as nobody had a box brownie lol....the photos were all in sepia though :) ) but I don't know if I can make them appear on here as I don't use photo bucket etc.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
I'll do it. But will wait for whatever will pass for "summer" up here. Won't be needing the candles though, as there will be daylight 24/7. :cool:

The only hardship for me would be ground sleeping. I positively hate it. But perhaps I could use a canvas hammock, he he

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I'll do it. But will wait for whatever will pass for "summer" up here. Won't be needing the candles though, as there will be daylight 24/7. :cool:

The only hardship for me would be ground sleeping. I positively hate it. But perhaps I could use a canvas hammock, he he

Or a stretcher bed - Kephart used one so it must be part of the tradition....

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I'm going out this weekend for some Boone action. I'll put my kit up for approval at some point this week.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE